• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dynasty Warriorz X new map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I would like some ideas on my new Dynasty Warriors map. This are some the the features i have made:

-have several icons and models of dynasty warriors
-encampment and wooden towers can be built and unpacked
-balanced heroes/generals so that army can kill ( not like the Dynasty warrior 5 map which the shockwave is lame)
-no tomes so that hero wont be unbalanced
-have shop
-have armoury for upgrades
-destroy kingdom instead of commander to win
-capture town centres to get extra gold per minute
-got items like meat(couldnt find bun model) and musou wine
-items randomly spawn on floor per minute and delete every 5 minutes.
-more units like privates, soldiers, lieutenants, captains, archers and seige catapults.

------PROBLEMS-------
-i dunno how to make a trigger that makes the town centres get captured in many hits instead of one by the hero
-gold bounty. The gold dont pop out of the unit when it dies so i use triggers to add gold.
-more features...

I would appreciate if u help... I also need help on the loading screen, i dont know how to make it and would like to learn from any of u experts

Level 4
-balanced heroes/generals so that army can kill ( not like the Dynasty warrior 5 map which the shockwave is lame)
the generals are supposed to be about 1.25% stronger than the heroes, and the heroes are supposed to be able to use a special ability to deal at most half the life of the enemy units (even in the blast radius abilities). have you looked at any of the custom spells? (theres a few REALLY sweet ones for clean knockback and such -ty Daelin-)

-destroy kingdom instead of commander to win
only problem that i have with this is that the commander is the unit that is in the lead of the army. in ALL versions of the DW (at least on console) it was the commander that was the target of the mission, not a kingdom. the kingdom is more or less yours as soon as you take out the commander cause his army flees.

-i dunno how to make a trigger that makes the town centres get captured in many hits instead of one by the hero
2 ways i know of to EASILY do this, both are in triggers of course:

• events
    Unit - A unit is attacked //generaic unit event
    conditions
    ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to true //boolean
    (Percentage lifeof (triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 50.00 //or 75 or 10 or w/e percentage they take it over at
    Actions
    Unit - Change ownership of (triggering unit) to (Attacking unit)) and Change color //unless you want them all to be same color or w/e
    Unit - Set life of (Ownership-changed unit) to 90.00% //ok yeah you didnt ask for this, its a recommendation so its not bouncing back and forth between people too fast

thats pretty simple to do, but i remember the first time i looked for it (hours)

-gold bounty. The gold dont pop out of the unit when it dies so i use triggers to add gold
try this one:

• events
    Unit - A unit Dies //generic again
    condiition
    ((Triggering unit) is A structure Equal to False
    Actions
    If (all conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else actions) //this is the if/then/else multiple functions string
    If - conditions
    ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    then - Actions
    Item - Create Gold Coins at (position of (triggering unit))
    Else - Actions

this will create 2 gold coins (default 250 gold per, can be changed in object manager) when a hero dies and 1 gold coins when anything other than a structure dies

hope I've helped... if you have any other questions feel free to either post here (I'll watch the thread for ya) or PM me :)

and GL with the map, hope it comes out as good as it sounds it will

edit: oh i almost forgot, to learn loading pages go HERE. next time please look into the tutorials forum b4 asking how to do something like this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.