• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Map im coming out with AoW-Galactic Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Originally this map was made on starcraft by myself (the_blasphemer) and Ei47, the map was a space diplo, however, u would balance space combat as well as ground combat, the ground combat was seperate from space combat completly and you needed both to succeed. Back than it was called AoW-Galactic Conquest. I have decided that I would remake this map to warcraft III, and with the new resources I feel that it could be great. Some of the features the starcraft map had were-
-Planetary Bombarding (by the capital ship unit)
-Capital Ships (collosal ships that had interiors that drop ships and your men could board, it was the central command of your space fleet)
-Different unique races (to a degree because of SC capabilities)
-Over 30 planets complete with surfaces and each with different detailed lands (creative use of doodads and sprites if i do say so myself, we made jungle planets on platform terrain, sorry, just bragging, because it looked really nice in the end)
-Three governments with their own benefits (unique heroes and economic and military bonuses, again to a degree)
Now the game was extensive in balancing and such, and each race was rather unique. I can now expand on these ideas, and im interested in what anyone has to offer to the idea. I may not be able to give u the original AoW-GC because it was on my old comp. Now for the wc version i plan on acheiving a lot more planets by using the camera zoom triggers and smaller units and doodads. Essentially im keeping the core ideas, and expanding them much further, and now each race will be fully unique. Some of the races included were
Sal'Dur, Cultist type race, a very religious background, and so many of their warriors were ceremonial, so they had some impractical weaponry (melee blades) that still made them unique, and fun to play because of their advanced technology. Kind of like the covenant with predators.
United Human Forces (UHF), came better equipped with better infantry overall, especially in the sniper area, as well as having better destroyers (seconds only to a capital ship itself)
Twi'Thak, more of a primitive race, utilizes numbers and stealth to achieve its goals.
The Azthect (name will be changed) were based around Aztecs, their home planet had a pyramid, they were the most primitive, using powerful numbers and strong single units (similar to orcs and trolls from LotR)
Nochra (Ei thought of the name) beings of pure energy, similar to those energy dudes in titan ae, they basically used brute strength.
There were the Sons of Ei, a rebel group whom had went against the taboo of mechanical modification (similar to steroid use now except on a larger scale) and became their own cyborg type race. They had better accuracy and damage at cost of life (our way of making it so they didn't have intuition)
There was one more than I really can't remember, probably because no one used that one much. Any who I am currently in development, so if any one has ideas, i would love to hear them. I need more race ideas, as well as gameplay features i should implement or take out (as i update on features). Thank you, TheChoosen, aka Divine_Might@lordaeron, aka The_Blasphemer@uswest

Level 12
Originally this map was made on starcraft by myself (the_blasphemer) and Ei47, the map was a space diplo, however, u would balance space combat as well as ground combat, the ground combat was seperate from space combat completly and you needed both to succeed. Back than it was called AoW-Galactic Conquest. I have decided that I would remake this map to warcraft III, and with the new resources I feel that it could be great. Some of the features the starcraft map had were-
-Planetary Bombarding (by the capital ship unit)
-Capital Ships (collosal ships that had interiors that drop ships and your men could board, it was the central command of your space fleet)
-Different unique races (to a degree because of SC capabilities)
-Over 30 planets complete with surfaces and each with different detailed lands (creative use of doodads and sprites if i do say so myself, we made jungle planets on platform terrain, sorry, just bragging, because it looked really nice in the end)
-Three governments with their own benefits (unique heroes and economic and military bonuses, again to a degree)
Now the game was extensive in balancing and such, and each race was rather unique. I can now expand on these ideas, and im interested in what anyone has to offer to the idea. I may not be able to give u the original AoW-GC because it was on my old comp. Now for the wc version i plan on acheiving a lot more planets by using the camera zoom triggers and smaller units and doodads. Essentially im keeping the core ideas, and expanding them much further, and now each race will be fully unique. Some of the races included were
Sal'Dur, Cultist type race, a very religious background, and so many of their warriors were ceremonial, so they had some impractical weaponry (melee blades) that still made them unique, and fun to play because of their advanced technology. Kind of like the covenant with predators.
United Human Forces (UHF), came better equipped with better infantry overall, especially in the sniper area, as well as having better destroyers (seconds only to a capital ship itself)
Twi'Thak, more of a primitive race, utilizes numbers and stealth to achieve its goals.
The Azthect (name will be changed) were based around Aztecs, their home planet had a pyramid, they were the most primitive, using powerful numbers and strong single units (similar to orcs and trolls from LotR)
Nochra (Ei thought of the name) beings of pure energy, similar to those energy dudes in titan ae, they basically used brute strength.
There were the Sons of Ei, a rebel group whom had went against the taboo of mechanical modification (similar to steroid use now except on a larger scale) and became their own cyborg type race. They had better accuracy and damage at cost of life (our way of making it so they didn't have intuition)
There was one more than I really can't remember, probably because no one used that one much. Any who I am currently in development, so if any one has ideas, i would love to hear them. I need more race ideas, as well as gameplay features i should implement or take out (as i update on features). Thank you, TheChoosen, aka Divine_Might@lordaeron, aka The_Blasphemer@uswest

I died when I tried reading this. Best. Map. EVER.

Level 1
ya i thought it was to long, if u want to gist of it, read the bulleted sections, thnx for the comments thats basically it, sorry bout the length, i got into describing my own map.

Level 1
thnx ill remember that, imma update it with another post soon (not to mention shorter) all info on map development will follow on that one

Level 1
The Map is still in development, mainly cuz this is my first from scratch map, and im learning triggerz as I go along.

Status
Not open for further replies.