• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My Custom Map has a desync issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Many times when i try to do testing the the client, i have players that desync. makes it hard to do testing when players are kicked from the game. Are there any issues i should be aware of to avoid the desync of players?

There are lots of things that can cause the game to desync. Here's a list of functions you should be careful about using:

Code:
GetDestructableName
GetSoundDuration
GetSoundFileDuration
GetCameraBoundMinX
GetCameraBoundMinY
GetCameraBoundMaxX
GetCameraBoundMaxY
GetCameraField
GetCameraTargetPositionX
GetCameraTargetPositionY
GetCameraTargetPositionZ
GetCameraTargetPositionLoc
GetCameraEyePositionX
GetCameraEyePositionY
GetCameraEyePositionZ
GetCameraEyePositionLoc
GetObjectName
IsMultiboardMinimized
GetLocalPlayer
GetLocationZ
GetLocalizedString
GetLocalizedHotkey
GetUnitName
BlzGetLocalUnitZ
BlzGetUnitZ
GetItemName
BlzGetItemDescription
BlzGetItemTooltip
BlzGetItemExtendedTooltip
BlzGetLocalSpecialEffectX
BlzGetLocalSpecialEffectY
BlzGetLocalSpecialEffectZ
GetPlayerSlotState

If you're using GUI to create triggers I would recommend you find an MPQ editor and extract the script file from the map so you can check if you're using any of these functions.

Also, avoid changing the Guard Distance, Guard Return Distance and Guard Return Time in the gameplay constants. Those are also known to desync.

Status
Not open for further replies.