• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Desync problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
When playing my map most of the time some players desync and get kicked due to server split.

I heard there can be certain problems causing this issue so I already verified some of them:

- I do not have any custom scripts or GetLocalPlayer() in my map
- No terrain deformation or special graphic effects

Since my map is around 100 KB and does not have many triggers, would someone experienced mind just checking my map for any desync issues?

Any help is appreciated :thumbs_up:

Level 12
You should also link it here so that others can see it.

I had a look at the triggers and can find no obvious reasons for a desync. As IcemanBo said try to provide more info about when and under which conditions the desync happens.

If you could reproduce it finding an answer would be much easier.

Level 37
When playing my map most of the time some players desync and get kicked due to server split.

I heard there can be certain problems causing this issue so I already verified some of them:

- I do not have any custom scripts or GetLocalPlayer() in my map
- No terrain deformation or special graphic effects

Since my map is around 100 KB and does not have many triggers, would someone experienced mind just checking my map for any desync issues?

Any help is appreciated :thumbs_up:

I told you the same thing everyone else is telling you right now yesterday >.> there are no signs of trigger functions in your map that cause desync issues. You NEED to give everyone a clear explanation of what happens and what you do right before the desync occurs.

Level 3
You should also link it here so that others can see it.

I had a look at the triggers and can find no obvious reasons for a desync. As IcemanBo said try to provide more info about when and under which conditions the desync happens.

If you could reproduce it finding an answer would be much easier.

Dont worry, Im giving all the information requested. But I first wanna see who can help me and then start a conversation about this. Dont think it makes any sense to write 100 sentences in the forum to cover every possible detail, you know what I mean?

I already talked to IcemanBo and he could help me alot. Thanks for all your help. Desync problem not completely removed but hopefully I will be able to find more evidence. :thumbs_up:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make sure all the players have restarted Warcraft III since their last map session. It could be caused by them playing a different map previously which was widgitized.

One of the GUI "pan camera" actions creates a handle object locally causing a split. This always causes the player who had their camera panned to out of sync due to the severity of the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.