• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My ATI Radeon HD4530 seems broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi all.

Yesterday, installed spore on my new laptop, and everything seemed fine, untill i got to the AnimalPhase. Now, i will get colored lines and stretched textures all over the screen, but behind it, everything is rendered fine!

This also happened to Gothic 3, where textures gets stretched.

Now, none of this happened before spore (or did it?). Does anybody have a clue on what can cause this?

Thanks in advance

PS: When using the creature creator, there is absolutely no problem, and it works fine.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well, until it starts crasing I doubt your card is broken. All my graphic cards which did that kind of thing crashed prety quickly.

Most likely messed up driver. What do you expect from ATI, a driver that actuall works well and easilly? To fix, reinstall the driver (no need for the trial WoW or what ever ATI trys to drop on you), and fiddle with the texture clamp and mipmap options. If it persists after that eithor ATI ripped you off selling you a card design that does not work, or it is broken and you should beg them for a replacement.

Level 34
I've never really heard bad things about ATI except on this site, which doesn't exactly have many professional opinions. Samuraid being the only one I know of.

I've never had a problem with ATI drivers or cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.