• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My AI jainarated voice + offering to create voice-overs for your dialogues

Hello everyone,

the last couple of weeks I've been dabbling into all sorts of AI stuff, including voice generation. So I set out to do complete voice overs for my map. Here is one of the results, a fully voiced tutorial:

There are also custom Jaina unit responses as well as now a fully voiced boss fight in-game. Definitely check it out if you haven't:

Particle Party — Total-conversion action arena map in the quantum world of Azeroth

To do the voice-overs, I bought an elevenlabs premium account. As you can hear, the results you can get with this tool are quite impressive. My account is expiring soon, I have created for the most part all the voice lines I wanted to create, but I still have almost half of my character budget left. I want to play a bit more with this tool and get some more practice, so if you're working on a campaign or an RPG map and are looking for voice-overs for your dialogues, I'm your guy.

Existing Warcraft 3 characters, either Warcraft 3 or WoW, will definitely be easier. New characters that need new voices, or voices based on normal units, might be possible. The results might not be as good, but we'll see.

Get your voice-overs while the getting is good! :plol:

Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I've played around with elevenlabs' sampler myself. The voiceover possibilities are potentially limitless, especially great for single-player content. The algorithm doesn't have a handle on accents yet, so I'll wait a bit before I decide to commit, but I'm definitely considering "voicing" my projects now.
Good on you for offering, I definitely encourage people to try it out.

Don't worry about that. Actors can innovate and develop various intonations and vocal timbres. AI can currently imitate the voice sounding.
At the moment, yes. I'm not in the camp of people who think AI will keep improving at a rapid pace indefinitely. I think it probably will keep improving for a while, then hit a plateau at some point or another. These AIs like ChatGPT are not actually "intelligent", but are using a trick, a sleight of hand, to fake intelligence. And it's not obvious to me that you can improve these AIs indefinitely until you come up with a new method.

However, even if it just keeps getting slightly better, it might put a lot of people out of work, except the ones at the very top of their field, who the AIs can't imitate. Art creation will probably combine AI with human artists for most companies in the future.
I've played around with elevenlabs' sampler myself. The voiceover possibilities are potentially limitless, especially great for single-player content. The algorithm doesn't have a handle on accents yet, so I'll wait a bit before I decide to commit, but I'm definitely considering "voicing" my projects now.
Good on you for offering, I definitely encourage people to try it out.
I saw that they added an accent feature, but I haven't tried it much yet. I tried to add a pirate accent, but it didn't do anything. So, at the moment, it's probably limited to British english and American english and things like that.
How much size did these 3 mins of mp3s take up?
700kB.

Last edited:
If you're willing, I wanna dapple into some ai voices for my War of the Spider campaign.
Sure, that sounds fun. Here is my attempt at the first line in the campaign:

However, it will be hard to get good Nerubian voices generated. The heavily distorted voices don't turn out too great with this tool. Which voice did you have in mind for them?

Attachments

• Dreadlord1.mp3
    78 KB
Level 24
Sure, that sounds fun. Here is my attempt at the first line in the campaign:

However, it will be hard to get good Nerubian voices generated. The heavily distorted voices don't turn out too great with this tool. Which voice did you have in mind for them?
Sounds great. Amazing what AI can do. Yeah, unfortunately, the nerubians are hard to do. I don't have any sound editing software or experience to distort their voices.
Are the results any good with feeding Crypt Fiend and/or Crypt Lord voices?
Also, maybe Zagara or something from Sc2. Zerg sound similar to the Nerubians in a way.
WoW's Anub'arak has a lot of voicelines as well.
Wc3 Anub'arak voices can be used for Zaq perhaps.

Sounds great. Amazing what AI can do. Yeah, unfortunately, the nerubians are hard to do. I don't have any sound editing software or experience to distort their voices.
Are the results any good with feeding Crypt Fiend and/or Crypt Lord voices?
Also, maybe Zagara or something from Sc2. Zerg sound similar to the Nerubians in a way.
WoW's Anub'arak has a lot of voicelines as well.
Wc3 Anub'arak voices can be used for Zaq perhaps.
I have no experience with voice distortion either. Might be worth looking into. Maybe it would get better results if we just clone a normal voice and then distort it. Audio editing software is important, because you might want to adjust audio levels, compress mp3s, or cut different files together. You can do most of these things with online tools, but having a software might make it easier. I think Audacity is a program that is often recommended.

I trained the AI with Zagara voice files from Heroes of the Storm as well as Anub'Arak and the Crypt Fiend from Warcraft 3 (could include Crypt Fiend lines from the campaign to improve it slightly) . Attached are the results. I think the Zagara one is quite decent actually.

I'm surprised at the low file size. Did you optimize it?
I compressed it to 80-120k bitrate. You can compress voice lines quite more than music before there is an audible quality loss. I'm not the biggest audiophile; I'm sure some people would already hear a difference at that compression, but I'm fine with the quality.

Attachments

• Zaq2Zagara.mp3
    44.3 KB
  • Zaq1Zagara.mp3
    30.8 KB
  • Zaq2CryptFiend.mp3
    50.4 KB
  • Zaq2AnubArak.mp3
    51.8 KB
Last edited:
Level 24
I have no experience with voice distortion either. Might be worth looking into. Maybe it would get better results if we just clone a normal voice and then distort it. Audio editing software is important, because you might want to adjust audio levels, compress mp3s, or cut different files together. You can do most of these things with online tools, but having a software might make it easier. I think Audacity is a program that is often recommended.

I trained the AI with Zagara voice files from Heroes of the Storm as well as Anub'Arak and the Crypt Fiend from Warcraft 3 (could include Crypt Fiend lines from the campaign to improve it slightly) . Attached are the results. I think the Zagara one is quite decent actually.

I compressed it to 80-120k bitrate. You can compress voice lines quite more than music before there is an audible quality loss. I'm not the biggest audiophile; I'm sure some people would already hear a difference at that compression, but I'm fine with the quality.
Mayhaps a simple sound editing program could help.

That is not how I remember Zagara sounding. I assume her Sc2 voice and HotS voices are vastly different. Her voice could fit for Nylaex or Isri - though I havent really given much thought if either or male or female,unsure if I used he or she for them - but the Cryptfiend and Anub'arak voices sound really good. The Zaq2AnubArak sounds great for Zaq. And I think the Zaq2CryptFiend sounds great for Okwan down the line.

Level 20
This jAIna voice is perfect for a tutorial or exposition dialogue, it does sound like the original actress. But to me voice acting is only a plus if it informs the personality or emotions of a character, otherwise I don't mind reading.
Still, a pretty useful tool to get a custom project more production value or to add a few lines to a remake of a map with voicelines. Or you could change Siri on your mobile to Jaina or Kerrigan or whoever :grin:

My Space Jaina started out as just the explain lady, but I've quickly made her into a real character, with custom unit responses that explain her background in a humorous way, and also a fully voiced boss fight.

I could try doing edits as in the attachments if you like. It's mostly applying filters.
Which program did you use?

Here are some examples of the lines I just created for the first mission of @Wa666r 's War of the Spider:

Attachments

• M01_Melstuutal2.mp3
    48.2 KB
  • Rifleman4.mp3
    9.8 KB
  • M01_Zaq10_1.mp3
    9.8 KB
  • M01_Zaq6.mp3
    52.9 KB
Last edited:
Level 11
I don't have enough characters left to create the voice lines, but I can help you with everything else.

I have uploaded training samples for Tyrande here. I can also try Shandris, but I'm not sure if there exist enough voice lines.
I see. Yes, you do are correct, there aren't that many voicelines from her. Well, thank you anyways!

Guessing that subscription expired? :p
I don't have a subscription at the moment, but I'll most likely do some more voice generation in the near future. The subscription for new users is only 1$ for the first month though, so I encourage you to try yourself. See this tutorial if you haven't already.