• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys , im listening to some old music here
[PSX] Mickey's Wild Adventure - OST Part 1 - Steamboat Willie (Name)
So, i really like this music tune so what you think ?

And i wonder of you have some old music you want to share ?
and game music could be cool too :D

Last edited:
Level 6
Hows that lame ?
I like the song and its nice for game music...

Nice and cathy song, good taste =)

Game musics are like elevator music. You don't go chasing after it, it's just there to make things flow more smoothly.

spelled catchy wrong bro.

Game musics are like elevator music. You don't go chasing after it, it's just there to make things flow more smoothly.

spelled catchy wrong bro.

1: SPELLING NAZI
2: You'd be surprised, some games have great music that enhances the experience more then just making it flow, along with becoming a huge part of the games atmosphere.
3: Many games have successfully integrated music into the gameplay:
-Meteos - DS - this puzzle game like tetris made interactions by the player create the soundtrack to it over a basic background rhythm.
-Guitar Hero and its equivelants - self explanatory
-Amplitude - Ps2 - the holy grail of non-periphial music games. I recommend picking this up and giving it a try.
-I know some old game called Rez (I think thats right) was great with integrating the music into the gameplay.

Video game music is an art in it's own

Level 6
I still wouldn't choose the Mario theme song over Foo Fighters.

Nevertheless, your probably right. Music is music whether it's from a game or not. If he like listening to Micky, I'll leave him to be.

Level 13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VDHLWFrFo&feature=PlayList&p=49895E4C3896B090&index=0&playnext=1

This is imo one of the best game musics ever. It just sound so damn good. This is one of few game musics what I enjoy to listen. I listen this when i roleplay with my friends and when i do that kind of stuff.

Normally I listen lots of Finnish metal (Like Amorphis, Mokoma, Kotiteollisuus. If you have heard any of those :p ). I listen also listen metal / rock bands from elsewhere (Like Judas Priest, Mötörhead, InFlames, Sonic Syndicate and many many others).

Found some good ones in Guitar Pro, exported them and resaved them as mp3's, enjoy! (not my work)

Attachments

• dark world theme from the legend of zelda (a link to the past).mp3
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
  • super mario bros 2 - overworld theme (fingerstyle arrangement).mp3
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • Sonic Labrynth Theme.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • Sonic and Knuckles final boss.mp3
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
Well not everything here is related to crapy game music,so i tought...

If you want music there's always the music forums. You yourself could create a random rock music thread in Off Topic. I was simply saying that the person who started this thread started it with video game music and thats where the conversation went. And some video game music is quite good actually.

Level 6
Good list WherewolfTherwolf, So um yeah i guess this thread is about video game music, and thats the purpose of this thread.

This is from Rayman 1 game last boss mr. Dark
I personally love Rayman 1, and not the rabbids thingy.
So i think this song is very good made :D

Status
Not open for further replies.