• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I hate copyright...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Since chat is no longer available, I need to create this thread to vent my frustration...

A youtube account who has been uploading the music from many games I played has just been suspended. Unlike most of the idiot music uploaders he did proper extended versions in full HD audio (the full listening experience).

What really ticks me off was that the reason for his suspension was due to the Sony corporation in Japan. The notice is even partly in god damn Japanese. I am viewing this from United Kingdom so how dare they stop me listening to my favourite game sound tracks because some people in Japan say so. The only songs I listened to from that guy were SEGA and Square Enix so some company I did not listen to gets him suspended.

Copyright is going too damn far and is preventing me enjoying my life to its full. Most of the games I listen to I own and so I can listen to at any time I want if I was to play the game. However I do not feel like playing the game and just want to hear the damn music so how dare they stop me from doing so.

I would not mind if all game companies allowed one to DL a music pack for free when purchasing any version of their game but as far as I am aware none do. They either force you to manually extract the music from the game data files or they sell it separately and demand you pay extra for tracks that are not even looped.

When I want to listen to game music, I want the full in game music experience which includes at least 3-9 loops of the song and not just 1 loop and it ends. Copyright lawyers can jump off a cliff for the amount of inconvenience they are causing hard working people like myself.

Then to crown this all off Google has the cheek to say "Sorry about that.". If they were sorry they would not let it happen and say "stuff you" to those god damn parasites.

Sony should be happy that people upload their game music. I still have not been able to get the sound track from Lego Batman 2, a WB game.

Level 29
well we should try to understand that game makers make games not for fun or anything else but 'money' so most of them (if not all)
make the most out of it to make money, selling music, making toys, t-shirt printouts, etc...
anyway what's the title of the song are you listening?, Im sure here in my place I can even DL the mp3 of it from YT...

Level 17
So this thread is basically..

"Why can't I get my own way? Why can't I have nice things?!"

As far as I'm concerned it's their copyrighted product and they can do whatever the hell they want with it. However never fear, this is the internet. You will always find what you want if you search hard enough.

Level 18
mm i want to tell you that , i closed my youtube account where i uploaded gaming videos (it had 2k subs) because i got a copyright claim for a video i uploaded a year ago , which was totally stupid and then they made me answer some questions about copyright i just clicked privacy , and then close account
reason: Fuck you google.
lol

Level 22
I use the Chrome youtube plugin to download youtube as MP4, I have audacity too but it's better quality to extract the sound than record it. Unless you use something like Super Mp3 Recorder Pro that records with loudness so if you record at 100 volume then play it at 30 volume, it will be very loud.

Alternatively google 'youtube to mp3' and you will get some crappy sites that convert the youtube link and let you dl the mp3

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I am well aware that I can download it using tools. I do hope you are all aware that due to the popular nature of youtube download tools, a lot of them will contain malware (although not all of them will).

The whole point of the topic was to vent my frustration over copyright rather than "how to download youtube soundtracks". Copyright and proprietary stuff has been annoying me in real life beyond this for the past few weeks by making it difficult for me to produce a system.

Level 17
I've got an idea for you DSG. Get a blog or journal.
You might find it to be appealing to your tastes.

Level 22
I am well aware that I can download it using tools. I do hope you are all aware that due to the popular nature of youtube download tools, a lot of them will contain malware (although not all of them will).

The whole point of the topic was to vent my frustration over copyright rather than "how to download youtube soundtracks". Copyright and proprietary stuff has been annoying me in real life beyond this for the past few weeks by making it difficult for me to produce a system.

Hey I made a notification you didn't accept it :/

I know you're into computers but let me tell you as someone who's worked with anti-viruses and malware. If you have a good full version program that blocks all sorts of malware and potential files that want to run on your PC or scripts, just because you entered some site with a popup to convert to mp3, does not instantly mean you get a malware on your PC... in fact what happens is one big nothing. I also often delete browser history with all temp downloaded files since I use IE for such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.