• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mur'loc Mounted Allosaurus

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
''Deep in the jungles of islands so very remote, lived the worlds most famous mur'loc, his name, was Pale Fin, and he was blessed with magic and luck beyond imagination. Pale Fin traversed the islands in search of food, but instead came upon an evil Naga Myrmidon who had captured many mur'locs to do his bidding as slaves. there, they harvested wood with their splintered fins, they mined and carried gold with bleeding feet, and were sacrificed in evil dark rituals to the dark gods, gurgling in horror as their organs were stretched out. Pale Fin knew he had to do something. Encouraged and Guided upon a quest by a magical invisible Naga Siren ghost, presumably a victim of the Evil Myrmidon, he found him self at a pool, and in the pool, a Magical Trident. Using this Magical Trident, and some inflatable rubber animals found on the beach, he tamed a massive beast, then swam across the sea ontop of him, and proceeded to confront the Evil Myrmidon. Pale Fin was glorious in battle, and his beast was too great a match for the Evil Myrmidon, and so the naga fell, ripped to pieces, gorged upon by the mur'locs and the hungry beast together. Pale Fin saw potential in his free'd mur'loc slave brethren, and so they all together set forth as one mur'loc clan, known as the ''Beast Riding Chewed Fins''

haha ok story of the model incase people care:

This project was officially started on January 15th in 2006 when I exported the original Allosaurus model made by Olofmoleman to fix an issue with the teeth where they seemed to pop out of his face a small amount on the top jaw, by shifting them backwards a small bit. after doing this, I fixed the feet to be level to the ground, preventing them from going under-ground during some of the key frames of ''walk fast'' I put the model down and picked it up again in 2013 when I started attaching more attachment points such as Foot Left and Foot Right on the dinosaurs feet, I put the model down again until 2015 when I thought it might be cool to give it swim animations, but dropped the model again until 2016 when I thought it could look cool with a mur'loc on its head. It took me some time but now this heroic siege unit is finally done.

How to use: this model comes with 14 animations as follows:

Walk Fast
Stand
Attack
Attack Slam
Death
Spell
Sleep
Walk Swim
Stand Swim
Sleep Swim
Attack Swim
Attack Slam Swim
Death Swim
Spell Swim

Set your units movement type to Amphibious and check mark the box that allows it to sleep at night if its a creep. this models scale is suppose to match Olofmoleman's Original allosaurus in scale so you can have a mur'loc jump on it/up to it fluidly without looking out of place, so about 0.95 to 1.2 is about right, depends on your mur'locs scale. Increase the attack range so he can chomp on things that are the right distance away, about 300 range worked for me, and set the death time seconds to 5.186 seconds so things don't look glitchy during death swim.

set the texture paths in your maps import folder to:

Allosaurus2.blp
Duck.blp
RubberDinosaur3.blp

I will also include a version of this model without the mur'loc, his weapon, or either inflatable rubber animals on the grounds of the additional animations it has that Olofmoleman's Allosaurus does not which is the swim animations.

I also had permission to create and upload this model, thanks Olofmoleman I appreciate it.

the only alterations to the Allosaurus2 Texture was to do with the teeth, so you will have to import it. there is no alteration to the rubber ducky texture by MiniMage, so if you are using that texture in your map already, you don't need to import this one again. and Rubber Dinosaur is based off the rubber ducky texture, but is indeed used and thus will need to be imported. but only for the mur'loc mounted version of the allosaurus.

Credits to MiniMage for the rubber ducky and the rubber Dinosaur mesh based off the rubber ducky

have fun with this one every body, and remember! ALL! HAIL! THE MUR'LOC GOD!
Previews
Contents

Mur'loc Mounted Allosaurus (Model)

ReAnimated Allosaurus (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
The quality of the original murloc, the attachments and the dinosaur clash too much. Please find a way to make the dino a bit more fitting to wc3.
not much more detail to add, im afraid. its an entire mur'loc mesh and bones, he may be a bit limited in his animations, but his movement is limited due to his mount position. he could have been given a shield, but I preferred the idea of him using his other hand to hold onto the dinosaurs head him self, and I figured other added cargo like wood or gold, would get in the way.

but im glad you like it RedSteel1

thank you aeman glad you like it, its not a troll, because... mur'locs are more my thing.

thank you HER0N its appreciated, sadly how ever, im not planning on making one with a troll on it, though if some one wants to alter it, they need permission from olofmoleman first, and minimage if your using the inflatable devices.

thanks The Panda, there is more yet to come!

@DaHomieG its a magical trident! it mind controls lesser beings like dinosaurs! HAVEN'T YOU EVER PLAYED WORLD OF WAR CRAFT? GAWD! lol jk -- obviously its because he starts the channel of the tame spell while the dinosaurs asleep of course.

any thing goes in imagination land JLeonard

glad you like it Lord_Marrowgrath, I actually hadn't played the total war -warhammer series yet, 1 or 2. this model came more out of inspiration from hippogryphs and huntresses then a separate other game, but I must admit those lizard men look pretty cool

Later I will upload a third and final version of this model, with the vanilla mur'loc head replaced with a higher quality higher poly world of war craft cataclysm style mesh'ed head made by MiniMage years ago, incase people prefer that head over the original mur'loc head.

I can't alter the dinosaur too much, without fear of loosing the look of the original by olofmoleman. the point was not too.

I re-animated the feet a lot, and doubled its number of animations. I also fixed and completely re-animated the fingers, but there's too much stuffed onto it already, to bother going through more effort to... do what? add a mur'loc base onto its back? hurts my brain just thinking about it. (whispers [maybe])

the rubber ducky and rubber dinosaur are for comedic effect, and only show up in the water any way. this unit is not meant to be serious. like at all lol.

the mur'loc is a literal original mur'gul slave, I didn't want to change it much either. the naga trident comes from the myrmidon but I didn't know how to scale it to a mur'loc properly without looking silly. or too silly...lol

I don't plan on updating this one much, but if there are hard code errors/broken key frames I will.

as far as more fitting to wc3, im not entirely sure I can. would need more guidance then that lol.

I can't alter the dinosaur too much, without fear of loosing the look of the original by olofmoleman. the point was not too.

I re-animated the feet a lot, and doubled its number of animations. I also fixed and completely re-animated the fingers, but there's too much stuffed onto it already, to bother going through more effort to... do what? add a mur'loc base onto its back? hurts my brain just thinking about it. (whispers [maybe])

the rubber ducky and rubber dinosaur are for comedic effect, and only show up in the water any way. this unit is not meant to be serious. like at all lol.

the mur'loc is a literal original mur'gul slave, I didn't want to change it much either. the naga trident comes from the myrmidon but I didn't know how to scale it to a mur'loc properly without looking silly. or too silly...lol

I don't plan on updating this one much, but if there are hard code errors/broken key frames I will.

as far as more fitting to wc3, im not entirely sure I can. would need more guidance then that lol.

Take your time then. No one is pushing you. It would be a shame not to approve it :D