• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] Multiverse Arena Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Introducing MVAB v3.01!
LOADING SCREEN!

attachment.php

Description
Hero-skilling and gameplay like DOTA and LoL but with no summoner spells.

Made from "Dota Template" but Tileset altered to Dungeon and reterrained (I deleted most doodads to make loading map on WE faster). Yes I know my map is terrained awfully but I'd rather spend time on spells and heroes.

Gameplay
MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)-type map. i.e. DOTA.
For those who don't play LoL(League of Legends) my map is based off it.
Each hero starts off with a passive/starting ability. Can learn 4 levels of normal abilities and 3 levels of ultimate.

Alternative Win: Skirmish mode to mine gold but risk your base getting raxed and giving plenty gold/exp to enemy heroes. A good alternative to maxed out items...start spamming those minions!!!

Premise
Hell has decided to feast on the souls of heroes in map. You fight in the depths of Hell with lava surrounding and NO ESCAPE!

Heroes
As you can tell from map name, characters from across the superhero multiverse fight in my map. I don't like anime (i.e. no Naruto characters) plus 3d rendering makes them look bad anyway.

The Guardians (good guys):

Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Pikachu, Obi Wan, The Doctor (Doctor Who tv series), Tau Commander, Ashe (from LoL), Zeus, Gandalf, Akroma (MtG), Airbender, Earthbender, Waterbender, Space Marine (WH 40K), Teemo (LoL wouldnt be LOL without Teemo :p).
Total=15 heroes

The Defilers (bad guys):

Voldemort, Crypt Lord (from Warcraft), Arthas (Lich King), Kel'Thuzad, Annie (from LoL), Satan, Michael Jackson, Saphiron (Warcraft), Ghost Rider, Pudge (Dota), Darth Vader, Death, Lava Fiend (Warcraft), Ninja Assassin, The Joker (Batman)
Total=15 heroes

Screenies
See attachments

-----Progress-----
The map is still incomplete (triggers/spells) and I've decided to only make 3-4 more items. I'll try finish off 2 more Defiler heroes to balance the match up (low priority). Spells take time to make and find (high priority). [/FONT]

Credits: 80% of Triggers from THW. 10% triggers from Dota Template.

As you might notice, the map is almost 8MB! I'll move models and blp's (won't be updated) to MPQ's to bypass the 8MB file limit (I also plan to have website as hosting for files)

1. Ult & passive complete for Ninja Assassin
  2. Michael Jackson ulti is Moonwalk
  3. Hulk completed (ability dmg might need balancing)
  4. Tileset is now Outland
  5. Reworked [Q] ability of Earthbender/Waterbender/Firebender to be skillshot based and low CD.
  6. Add Items "Scepter of Tzeentch" and "Plaguescythe of Nurgle" to Defilers Legendary Items
  7. Annie completed abilities: Summon Tibbers!/Incinerate/Molten Shield. Still need to make Disintegrate (missile system) and Energize passive stun for all dmg abilities.

Download

Attachments

• MHW.w3x
    8 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Level 5
Argghhhh!! 7.99Mb!!! Phew! Shit, I got space for like 1 trigger and that's it!. For me it takes 30s to load, must be record for 8mb map.

Here is update of map
MHW v4.01

1. Renamed to Multiverse Hero Wars
  2. Added new UI (sci-fi..apparently I tested in-game and the contrast sucks, probably SC is better:wink:).
  3. New Dota-Allstars-ish Load Screen featuring portraits of heroes.

Link now working!

Last edited:
Level 5
Ooh map is up. About the broken link, I accidentally renamed file.

I've started noticing something weird. In the past, hidden attachment abilities and passives i.e. with no icons are now showing up as green instead of black. This is after I changed Tileset a number of times. Can I do this by giving them a button coordinate that gets squished by Unit-Command buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.