• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] MOBA - Multiverse Hero Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
LOADING SCREEN!

217893-albums5672-picture84099.jpg

But this is also too damn good

217893-albums5672-picture84098.png

(all edited using MS Powerpoint)
1. Description
MOBA-style map where you control a superhero/character with Hero-skilling and gameplay like DOTA and LoL (will have summoner spells but working on that).

Original map from "Dota Template" but heavily modified, reterrained fixed and altered to Dungeon and doodad cleaned. Any non-essential files (not-trigger/hero related are minimised). Animated doodads, buildings, terrain will be put into map later. Because it will exceed 8MB, either this "file mod" or mpq/combined exe will be used to store files.

Conceived before 300 Heroes...shame on Alibaba!

2. Gameplay
Default: It's basically like DOTA. Need say any more? But as I am a LOL convert, I like certain aspects of LOL. So each hero starts off with a passive/starting ability. Can learn 4 levels of normal abilities (3) and 3 levels of ultimate. Further levels beyond 15...dunno yet.

Fun mode (WIP): Basically it's like LFD2. You have to go from A to B but there are heaps of zombies in the way. They will periodically attack your base and spawn more if you turtle. Special zombies will randomly spawn depending if ally alone or low hp to make it challenging. They will always spawn in fog.

3. Heroes
As you can tell from map name, characters from across the superhero multiverse fight in my map.

The Guardians (good guys):

• Akroma, the Living Saint (MTG + WH40K)
  • Obi-Wan (Star Wars)
  • Pikachu (Pokemon)
  • Space Marine (WH40K)
  • Teemo (LOL)
  • The Doctor (Doctor Who)
  • Thor (Marvel Heroes)
  • Zeus (Dota)
  • Captain America (Marvel Heroes)
  • Iron Man (Marvel Heroes)
  • Harry Potter (from Harry Potter duh)
  • The Avatar (The Last Airbender)
  • Toph (from the Last Airbender)
  • Katara (from Last Airbender)
  • The HULK (Marvel Heroes)
  • Ashe (LOL)
  • Kirby (Super Smash Bros)

The Defilers (bad guys):

• Sapphiron (WoW)
  • Satan (from Hell!)
  • Ghost Rider (the guy with a flaming skull)
  • Butcher (Dota)
  • Lich King (WoW)
  • Reaper of Souls (Diablo, actually I made him way before the expansion, just a coincidence)
  • Kelthuzad (WoW)
  • Firelord (The Last Airbender)
  • Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  • The Dark Lord (Harry Potter)
  • Annie (LOL)
  • Michael Jackson!
  • Ninja Assassin (that movie yes)
  • The Joker (DC)
  • Anubarak (WoW)
  • Lava Fiend (I made him myself)

Screenies
See attachments

-----Progress-----
Credits: 80% of Triggers from THW. Map Initialise triggers from Dota Template.

What I need help with
  • Lag. yes it doesn't accumulate that fast but I feel maybe too many imports in map? Too much code? Leaks? Too many periodic triggers? Need help to cut down this lag. It's bearable but not good for proper play.
  • Smart-cast system. See here for explanation

Attachments

• River.png
    River.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 279
  • Base.png
    Base.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 505
  • MHW_2.w3x
    8 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Status