• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Multiple Undead Build Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a map I forgot that I had made where I took the Custom Build system from Heaven's Fall that is used by the Voidspawn and used it to give an Acolyte 3 different build lists, so he has Summon Building for undead buildings, Build Advanced Structure which is a custom list, and Generate Building that is like a night elf list of night elf buildings all on one acolyte.

This system has obvious shortcomings, and this old example map includes a Player 2 acolyte to show that you can't build units using Shared Unit Control in this method, but it also ignores Shared Unit Control actions in a hopefully somewhat graceful way.

It's probably been years since I thought about how any of this worked, but people often asked about multiple build lists, so I thought posting this map publicly might help somebody. You will need WEX to edit it, since it uses vJASS, but the original system was written in pure JASS for Heaven's Fall so it would be really easy to translate it from vJASS back to JASS, I think.

Again, I'm just posting this for archival purposes, so if it gets rejected, then it will probably stay rejected. I'm certain when I look at this map that I found that it is a derivative work of scripts that I wrote many years ago for Heaven's Fall, but I don't actually remember making this map. But, I am sure that I must have been the one who made it, since I know made the system.

Edit: Only works for Undead-style Build.
Edit: System summary: Charge Gold and Lumber abilities used in a spellbook which force UI keys to cast Build Tiny when clicked, combined with careful resource management to charge gold and lumber prices at correct times, not when the abilities charge the costs.

Attachments

• CustomBuild.w3x
    56.4 KB · Views: 58
  • CustomBuild1.png
    CustomBuild1.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Level 15
Maybe creating some kind of tutorial would be the best?
but people often asked about multiple build lists, so I thought posting this map publicly might help somebody.
I think most of these people won't visit the jass section that often, so I think a different place would be better for the users.
Again, I'm just posting this for archival purposes, so if it gets rejected, then it will probably stay rejected.
In the current state it won't be approved, as it does not follow the submission rules (e.g. submission code in first post)
If it works well it would be sad to have it in the graveyard.

Could be really useful for Tower Defense maps, where undead build is mainly used.

Seems like you guys are right. I clicked on the rules and my computer lagged and failed to load the page, so I figured that if I just posted something it would probably follow the rules.
I'll re-upload this on the Lab next time I'm at the computer with the map and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.