1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft' started by achoozoo, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's awesome to see your support for them.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  2. thisruoy

thisruoy

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    sure your not a grammar "Natzi"

3. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was able to understand what he was saying/trying to say. Therefore it is not such a major issue.

Thank you for your kind words and encouraging support, xfriox! It makes me proud to hear that the fan-base is still growing and that just the screenshots alone are making people melt in anxiety and excitement to play this campaign.
    ~Craka_J

4. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Sure "your" not...

I don't think I need to say anything further.

5. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    All right I'll take it back. I can read the post.

Ha, it's edited, no proof.

6. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Except for the edited today at 4:40 part at the bottom.

We should probably get back on topic, though ;)

7. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes please get back on topic, or else this thread gets closed.
    ~Craka_J

8. Blisters

Blisters

Resources:
    Resources:
    sounds awsome
    the idea of having a large number of people playing at once on warcraft 3 is mind blowing

id donate the 12$ a month myself

9. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well thank you very much for your kind support. :smile:
    It is very nice knowing that there are quite a few that would willingly dontate money towards Wc3:WoW.

Wc3:WoW doesn't need any donations yet, but once we get servers ready and when WarSoc is finally completed, then we will probably then need donations to get dedicated servers for the public beta testers to have a fun time on Wc3:WoW.

I believe Wc3:WoW will be the first MMORPG ever created for Warcraft III, unless if MindWorX's MMORPG he is making for WarSoc is completed first. It'd be pretty amazing to be a part and leader of something this big for Warcraft III.
    ~Craka_J

10. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Then all we gotta do is spread it around.

11. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    as soon as you take any money, blizzard will sue you

12. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blizzard probably wouldn't give a damn. (As long as we still put blizzard's logo everywhere at least).

Besides, if people are donating to help this server (the hive), what makes you think they'll suddenly sue if people are donating for a different server?

13. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    blizzard doesn't like people using their own servers

14. Blisters

Blisters

Resources:
    Resources:
    well then i wont "donate" it

ill "misplace it" at the hiveworkshop

finders keepers =]

15. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I doubt they would sue. I really doubt they would sue. They won't lose any players to it, and I doubt they would make money on it. They would have to spend more than they would get back.

16. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They cannot sue us first of all, I've checked their policy thing of what's illegal and making a mod of their game with another game would actually impress them. I believe I've also heard from someone who had spoken with a Blizzard employee that said that Blizzard Entertainment has indeed noticed Wc3:WoW's existance and they too are excited to see what it will become in the end. I don't remember if he mentioned that they ever played any of the Open Betas of Wc3:WoW yet though.
    ~Craka_J

17. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    They're totally like "we want to hirez them"

or not. but it's pretty sweet that you have blizzard interested in you. blizzard does hire people, you know.

18. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Blizzard also requires a college degree in specific classes that will benefit them. :smile:

As far as I know, Blizzard is not at all interested in actually 'hiring' us. Mainly because none of us have any types of degrees (Not yet at least) in C programming or anything like that. It's what's on paper that really counts. :wink:
    ~Craka_J

19. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not if you do good enough of a job. The reason they want paper is because the odds are someone who went to school for programming is going to pretty good, where some guy who just grew up doing modding for other games isn't going to be as good. Why bother looking at someone without a degree, it would be a waste 90% of the time. Although if you produced something that caught their attention, they might look into the people involved.

20. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well they also hire people who have degrees to make them look more professional. But to be honest, I think Ubisoft is the most professional one. But that's just my opinion.
    ~Craka_J