• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multi Task Tag: need people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Project:Multi Task Tag, searching for willing map makers
Who do i need:

• [*]a (good) terrainer
    [*]a GUI or JASS scripter
    [*]a guy that can make good loading screens
    [*]testers (for when the project is finished)
    [*]any all rounder mapmaker.

-Map Description-
Game Style: Tag featuring rpg, altered melee and zone control systems.
Mapmaking Difficulty:Easy-Medium.
Number of players: 12+neutral hostile for creeps.
In-depth description:
This game is based on the classic tag rules: 1 team composed of runners needs to avoid the other team, the chasers, to get tons of gold and strike them in late game. What this map brings is a much wider variety.
First of all, there are 2 teams of runners, composed of 3 players each, and one team of chasers composed of 2 players; the two runner teams have to fight each other as well as the chasers, and they need to kill either an enemy runner or a chaser in order to get KILL POINTS and to win the game (i still then to decide how many points are needed to win).
The chasers team have to do exactly the same thing: get and kill runners to get KILL POINTS and win.
Every runner as well as every chaser is an HERO, and therefore he can levelup, learn skills and use items.

-Other game features-
There are also 3 other teams: the merchant team, the demon team and the naga team.
The merchant team is composed of just one player, and he is allied with every other player in the map except the demon; he must sell items and units (units in this game are summoned by using items) to runners, or items to chasers to gain a set amount of gold to win the game. In order to sell items he will have to summon markets in other people's bases with a skill (i am using the spellbook so they just take up to 1 icon). When a person buys an item from the merchant, the merchant will automatically gain an amount of gold equal to the item cost (i will do this thanks to triggers, it's quite easy).
The demon team is composed of one player as well, and he must hunt down the merchant two times to win. He is enemy to everybody, so he can still kill other players to get gold and experience. He will have custom item shops so he won't need to have a merchant selling items to him. He is extremely powerful even compared to chasers.
The naga team is allied with everybody except the demon and is composed by 2 players that must kill the demon two times in order to win. Their main aim is to defend the merchant but i'm still not sure about this team...it seems rather boring to play.

-What i want to emphasize-
This game wants to prevent runner's camping and mass-towering, and i found many ways to do that, like the gold system, the creep system, the lumber system and the special buildings system.
I don't want to explain everything here, just pm or answer in the thread if you're interested and i'll pm you back.

What i have already made and what do i still need to make:
I have made:
  • 2 Chaser heroes (out of 2 needed)
  • 1 runner hero (out of 6 needed)
  • EVERY summonable unit and nearly every creep
  • EVERY unit shop
  • 50% of the miscelaneous items
  • Tons of spells that i still need to adapt to heroes
  • 3 out of the 4 ways to get gold for runners
  • 1 out of 1 way to get lumber for runners
  • a pile of items that i need to adapt to a more rational use
  • EVERY bulding that runners can build
  • EVERY research for units and towers and buildings upgrades
I need:
  • 5 runner heroes (we can easily discuss about your own ideas)
  • The demon hero
  • The two naga heroes (one of them is half-made)
  • a guy that wants to make the hero tavern system (i am lazy at making it and i do hate making systems)
  • a random hero choice system (OPTIONAL)
  • a tax system (every X minutes for every Y type of building you got you get Z gold)
  • to make a really good-looking and gameplay-enforcing terrain
  • to finish the items
  • additional game modes (OPTIONAL)

I am actually active on the project, and i hope i will finish it in 3-4 months, i just need to get a few helping hands to get it finished as soon as possible. I just listed the things i need to finish on the list you just read, but it doesn't mean i won't possibly make them, i am able to do everything i listed, but if someone wants to help me making them we can discuss about it and hopefully everything will be over in 1-2 months.
I NEED SERIOUS PEOPLE I DON'T NEED INACTIVE GUYS OR PEOPLE THAT ARE GONNA WASTE MY TIME. Thanks.

Level 3
The project has already started and it's about 60% finished, i made a list of what i still need to make: 6 heroes with abilities, 20-30 items, terrain, hero picking system and tax system, and then it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.