• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Multi-Shot + other passive abilities and activating abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Can someone direct me how to make a multi shot ability that works with passive abilities and activating abilities depending on which ability they use ?

Level 39
You need to be a LOT more specific with your posts

What’s a multishot ability?

How is this different from the basic barrage multishot passive already in the game?

How should it “work” with other abilities? Is that the same for passive and active abilities? How do you decide which abilities work with it?

What have you already tried?

Level 5
You need to be a LOT more specific with your posts

What’s a multishot ability?

How is this different from the basic barrage multishot passive already in the game?

How should it “work” with other abilities? Is that the same for passive and active abilities? How do you decide which abilities work with it?

What have you already tried?

Sorry my bad. So far i haven't really tried much, besides creating a lot of spells. But i am willing to study or understand what other people have done if you can help me.

But lets say if you use an Cold Arrow and an Multi-shot ability like barrage together, so that when each arrow is getting fired is getting the Cold Arrow effect and the Cold Arrow animation on each arrow as well, plus it also use X amount of mana depending on how many arrows is getting shot because of Cold Arrow mana cost.

And for example with Critical Strike, i would prefer if each arrow had its own kind of unique passive chance to Crit.

And also how do i manipulate barrage so it doesn't affect my heroes Damage Number of Dice / Damage Sides per Die, like i just gave 99999 Agility to an Agility hero to test it, and it dealt like 32 damage after it learned barrage / Multi-Shot :p.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
AFAIK, the built-in "Multishot" ability (actually a modded Barrage ability, from the Siege Engine) is simply (& unfortunately) hard-coded not to work with other attack-enhancing/"Orb" abilities (e.g. all the Arrows, Orbs, Critical Strikes, etc).

In order to achieve this, you may have to trigger either one or both yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.