• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multi-Alignment Campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
If you've played Dungeons and Dragons (lolrp) I'm sure you're familiar with alignments - Good and Evil, Law and Chaos, etc. Every campaign I've come across (aside from Blizzard's campaigns, of course) has the player in control of the protagonists of the story.

My dungeon-crawl map's main boss is basically the typical "Conquer and Destroy" villain, but I wondered if it would be a good idea to delve into his backstory with a prologue campaign, starting from when he was a peasant. Back then, he would be on the side of Good, meaning he was doing things "because it's the right thing to do" and such. But as the story follows him, he slowly slips into madness and changes from Good to Neutral, and eventually to the blatantly Evil entity he is at the point of the dungeon-crawl (Lair of the Dark Messiah).

Do you think this would be a good idea? Sort of like Arthas' fall but less base-oriented and more RPG-oriented. The reason I personally like this idea is because most maps have no plot or background at all, and are just "get stronger and blow shit up" kinds of things. With this, I could show why and how he became an evil maniac. Suggestions and (honest, please) opinions are welcome.

Level 2
Ghm, I think that you should give the Hero choice...
Forked quest tree, yeah? Cross-roads. Because the theme of falling has been already used hundreds of times: Arthas, Sylvanas, lieutenant Samir Duran, Sarah Kerrigan etc.
Or at least change the direction? He was a poor villager in the dark realm where all they are evil and grim, and he was doing things "because it's the left thing to do" and such. And then, he became a neutral Hero, and soon - the good one...

Level 7
It's something like the system used in Fable right? Your acts decide your alignment.

It would be rox when you finish a quest and tell the questmaster :
"Hand me all ye stuffs unless you gonna be da monsta i've slain" :grin:

D&D Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.