• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Legend of Zelda in Wc3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Level 13
Hmmm I suppose we need an enemy boss: e.g. Ganondorf, Vaati (how is he written again :/) or a new one like the skull kid in M.M.

Then we need the thing the enemies destroyed/disabled which must be restored by link.
-> Temples? Power of Master sword?

Then we need a terrain? we could use the original M.M termina one or we could add new areas.

BTW: Are we going to make a singleplayer campaign? Then we could split the holy thing up into several smaller maps and use gamecaches :D

BTW: Are we going to make a singleplayer campaign? Then we could split the holy thing up into several smaller maps and use gamecaches :D

Yes indeed

Then we need a terrain? we could use the original M.M termina one or we could add new areas.

The M.M Clock Town is probably best the way it is, but we could change the areas around it up (thought we will probably want to keep the theme the same).

Then we need the thing the enemies destroyed/disabled which must be restored by link.
-> Temples? Power of Master sword?

Well of course Temples are a must for a TLoZ but I'm not sure we need to get the Master Sword involved, since its in Terminus I don't think the Master Sword is involved.

Hmmm I suppose we need an enemy boss: e.g. Ganondorf, Vaati (how is he written again :/) or a new one like the skull kid in M.M.

Well the Skull Kid wasn't exactly evil and the spirit of Majora's mask was destroyed (or at least released) and Ganon is the same guy from most games. Vaati's an option but making a new villain is also an idea.

Those stone spitting, weak monsters :/?

Pro:

They are quiet often used in Zelda games

Contra:

They are not used in the 3D ones on which we base our game

Octoroks (I think that's spelled right) where in every single TLoZ game except the Twilight Princess. I personally prefer the Octoroks concept from the Minish cap when it comes to style, they fit in a bit more with the other creatures like the Cluclu's (or is it ChuChu's), but Octoroks were in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (though I think these were the Octoroks low point in style, I would say they looked the worst in those games).

Level 13
Octoroks (I think that's spelled right) where in every single TLoZ game except the Twilight Princess. I personally prefer the Octoroks concept from the Minish cap when it comes to style, they fit in a bit more with the other creatures like the Cluclu's (or is it ChuChu's), but Octoroks were in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (though I think these were the Octoroks low point in style, I would say they looked the worst in those games).

Hmmmmm no... not in my opinion.

The original octorks are walking on the land spitting stones.

In OoT and MM there are just the water ones :/

I didn't know that they are called octoroks too :D

__________________________________________________-

The model I uploaded is a Link model with loots of animations.

It even includes an animation where he jumps on epona.

But I think a riding animation is missing :/

Check it and maybe we need to request some more anims

Sweet that's good, for now Gyrosphinx is doesn't have a comp but we can most likely get started sometime soon

-Well if Octoroks are octopus creatures then I would imagine that they could possibly go into the water should they want to. The ones in OOT and MM did spit stones like those all other ones so that's a similarity, they just remained in the water - the Deku scrubs seemed to take the Octoroks place when it came rock spitters on land - also with the layout of OOT where the only real large field you went through was the central one where you rode Epona, being so slow the Octoroks wouldn't be that effective so perhaps thats what prompted the change in them?

Level 8
Even though I personally prefer OoT & MM over the newer ones, I guess I'll support it either way, it is great to see someone actually working on a Zelda map. I've seen some really good OoT maps even though they were never pushed past 25% of completion.

Wish you the best. Good luck.

Level 20
wow - your making me wish i'd played some tloz games! This could really have potential, and it seems like you've already decided to make it singleplayer but if you change your mind... or perhaps even if you don't (theirs pros and cons to this) you could check out my 'sub-folder' tutorial (links in my signature), which allows wc3 to read model, sound, skin files off an installed/pasted resources folder in the wc3 directory, essentially allowing unlimited use of custom stuff even over BNet and in single player it would erase the need to import models to ever map, you could just copy the object data and all the folder paths would be the same! ;)

Either way... I think i'll be keeping my eye on this one... or maybe i'll go rob my m8s Nintendo gamecube...

Level 13
wow - your making me wish i'd played some tloz games! This could really have potential, and it seems like you've already decided to make it singleplayer but if you change your mind... or perhaps even if you don't (theirs pros and cons to this) you could check out my 'sub-folder' tutorial (links in my signature), which allows wc3 to read model, sound, skin files off an installed/pasted resources folder in the wc3 directory, essentially allowing unlimited use of custom stuff even over BNet and in single player it would erase the need to import models to ever map, you could just copy the object data and all the folder paths would be the same! ;)

Either way... I think i'll be keeping my eye on this one... or maybe i'll go rob my m8s Nintendo gamecube...

Well I don't think it is good to create a multiplayer map as the area will be huge and that will never fit into one single map... and as gamecaches will not work in multiplayer we can only go back to singleplayer.

In addition nearly every real zelda game was a singleplayer (excluding the new link to the past 4 swords thing)

And if we make it a singleplayer map it doesn't matter if we put the models in the map or in a folder...

Level 20
Well I don't think it is good to create a multiplayer map as the area will be huge and that will never fit into one single map... and as gamecaches will not work in multiplayer we can only go back to singleplayer.

In addition nearly every real zelda game was a singleplayer (excluding the new link to the past 4 swords thing)

And if we make it a singleplayer map it doesn't matter if we put the models in the map or in a folder...

Fair enough :wink:

On a different note, do you plan to copy as much as possible? Even physics, like climbing, jumping or using that cool flute :thumbs_up:

Level 8
Was an Ocarina duhh...

There is multiple ways to play Zelda on your computer, if you would like I could pm you links seeing how it would be against forum rules I believe.

Anyways... This could work out on Multiplayer if done right. I think you're right though it would be near impossible to fit everything in for multiplayer that is.

There is multiple ways to play Zelda on your computer, if you would like I could pm you links seeing how it would be against forum rules I believe.

I'm sure everyone here knows about Emulation - thats who I went through and beat Majora's Mask (on the original N64 that game is a pain to beat due to lack of save opportunities).

Well the real goal is to create a whole new Zelda game from a few fans of it, and make it in Wc3. Things like items and dungeons and such will all be new, but the play style will be similar. We just decided to set it in Terminus since that world was only in a single game and thus we could take it many ways.

Level 13
I would love to see this but I think it would need a very planned out story.

If you are not following another games story why dont you try and make your own world?

Also I would like to ask everyone if anyone was terrified of those hand like things that fell from the ceiling?

Last edited:
Yeah a story is very well in order, I believe Gyrosphinx said that he would be interested in starting that. Of course the story can start being planned here, though not everything should be revealed as we wouldn't want to spoil the entire story.

Well we just liked Terminus as it had only been explored in one game, and is different from Hyrule which most games are in. Of course Clock Town is also good for landmark purposes as it creates a sense of familiarity with the Zelda series while not being too deja-vu. Of course the setting isn't completely set in stone as we don't even have the story yet.

And the hand things have kinda been off an on. I remember being afraid of them in the original Zelda when I was really young (Nes was the first system I ever played, Zelda being one of the games I played often). Later in the series they become pretty creepy (not really scary, just a bit startling), though not at all like the Re-deads (which were pretty chilling - oddly enough I think the cartoonish ones from the Windwaker were the creepiest).

Level 10
I am also interested in working on terrain / story (whether it pertains to the solid storyline or just the areas Link visits, it's all suggesting, really), if you need any help in those areas.
Making the world Termina WOULD be interesting, though.

Last edited:
Level 13
Ok still no response...
let's collect some story idea:

Again everybody is welcome to paticipate:

Hero: Link (as always)
Eíther he can transform (MM) or he can travel through the time (OoT)

Target Object: I came up with an idea:

Why not let 2 big enemies fight? Like Ganondorf and Waati are preparing a war and Link has to prevent this because it would bring eternal darkness (sounds cool :D) over the land.

Special abilities:

I really liked the Gameboy game oracel of seasons where you have to change the seasons to get different effects.
Maybe something like that is possible.

Temporary target:

Getting back the masterswords power :/?
Getting back all spirits to open the dimension gate to the daemons world where ganon and waati are?

Well we're going to come up with a new premise to make the game interesting and actually viable as an alternative to normal Zelda games.

Eíther he can transform (MM) or he can travel through the time (OoT)

Well we could use both if we want, though Time Travel may be a pain.
A shadow Realm like that of A Link to the Past may be a cool idea - its less of a pain then time travel as not everything has to completely correspond etc. etc. Used right it could fit in well with puzzles.
Transforming is always nice too and its fairly easy to do.

Why not let 2 big enemies fight? Like Ganondorf and Waati are preparing a war and Link has to prevent this because it would bring eternal darkness (sounds cool :D) over the land.

Could be cool, but Ganon and Vaati don't exist in Termina so we may have to come up with new villians (or explain how they got there - perhaps we could go with a whole dimensional war thing - Ganon conquered Hyrule (Zelda had fled to Terminus to prevent him from obtaining the Golden Power while Link could have been born in Terminus this time) and Vaati conquered >insert land here< (he could've conquered the Shadow Realm if we chose to include that sort of thing). Both of them looking for a new dominion (or both trying to steel the Golden Power from Zelda or some other motive - perhaps Vaati is just conquering while Ganon is looking for the golden power and they refuse to allow each other to occupy the same realm (and they plan on taking the others dominion)).

Storywise that could be sweet. Also we could give the player the option of which villain to take on first - first they would be constantly warring with their minions (a crossfire in which Link is stuck would be an interesting concept). When the player finishes one villian, the other gains control and becomes twice as powerful making the further dungeons/enemies more powerful and harder. This would also add replay value and give the game alternate endings.

I really liked the Gameboy game oracel of seasons where you have to change the seasons to get different effects.
Maybe something like that is possible.

Could be cool - I really need to pick that game up (only Zeldas I haven't beaten).

Level 10
Keep in mind that the realm's name is Termina not terminus. I noticed you used them interchangeably. But if you type in "terminus" a bunch of times in the actual map it could be annoying to go back and change all of them.

Also, in my opinion, if the game takes place in Termina it should focus more around the the Four Giants rather than a Vaati/Ganon conflict. Although introducing Ganon isn't a bad idea (if done right, it WOULD kick ass), the idea of two great evils at war just sounds very...un-Zelda, or, at least, the idea of being Link during the time of war sounds too... eh, cheesy. And while the idea of taking sides SOUNDS good, it involves creating another whole second half of the game so that players can choose sides, and that could be more time consuming than anybody really wants.

A feasible idea is that. . .
when the evil of Majora's Mask was released forever from the mask, it entered (This is made up -- we just know that it was released from the mask) the Shadow Realm. Now, given that Hyrule's and Termina's Shadow Realms are linked somehow (, this makes it possible that Ganon got ahold of Majora's evil energy and broke free from the Shadow Realm -- but wound up in Termina, not Hyrule.

Now, the people of Termina are not familiar with Ganon, or any great evil besides for Majora's Mask. They are also uninformed of the legend of any "great hero" aside from the hero that saved their land from the falling of the moon. On top of that, they do not worship the Goddesses, but rather the Four Giants that guard Termina.

It's just another idea to throw out there.

Everything from that point on -- I've got nothing. It's just important to remember that Termina is NOT the same as Hyrule in a multitude of ways, and if you want to make the map's Termina like Hyrule (I'm not saying that you do) you might as well just make it Hyrule.

Level 13
So when we collect all the ideas we get something like this:

Place: Termina
Hero: Link
Enemy: Ganon
Main Target: Stop Ganon
Temporary Target: ?4 Giants?
Speciallty: Shadow realm

I am still not completely sure what the 4 giants are supposed to do :/ as there is no moon in the game :D
I tought Link could need them to open a portal to a holy dimension where a sacret force (might be a sword) is which he needs to defeat ganon.

Shadow realm can be easily done. Just set time to perma midnight, add some fog and replace trees with dead one and so on.

Let's think about a temporary target and I then I write a first version of a possible story.

Level 10
The 4 Giants aren't there specifically FOR the Moon. They're general guardians and creators of Termina.
Perhaps it's Link's first goal to unite Termina as a whole, being that the Giants have had some sort of conflict with each other. The Giants will then aid link in finding another connection to Hyrule -- A temple similar to the Temple of Time which also harbors the Master Sword, which he must use to defeat Ganon.

Level 13
After the destruction of the Major's Mask Termina lived 3 years in peace.
But the daemon who lived in the mask was not completely destroyed and it still existed.
It lived in a cave deep in the earth and slowly regained its power.
One full moon night, when its powers got to a new maximum it left its hiding place to continue its terrible plan.

Its targets were the 4 guardians who secured and protected the peace in termina during the period of its absence.
The daemon poisoned the minds of the guardians and they began to transform.
They no longer stayed peaceful but began to fight for each others territory.
The war between them had a terrible influence on the land. Rivers dried out, forest trees died and the life for all the creatures living in termina became a hard one.

At this time the ruler of the main city of termina and its advisor the fairy tael remember the hero of former times Link. Tael manages to contact Link's companion the fairy Tatl and Link agrees to come back to fight the evil once more. The princess of Hyrule, Zelda, joins him to aid him with her holy powers and to clear the guardians minds of the bad influence of the daemon.

The four guardians transformed into creatures of the evil and only the combined power of Zelda and Link can break the curse to restore peace in Termina.

____________________(don't judge me for gramma as english is not my native language)

4 guardians - 4 elements:

Ice -> Ice Monster which can part into smaller creatures.
Defeat: Defeat the small monsters to reduce the power of the big one.
Model idea: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ice-wings-161303/?prev=search=ice&r=20&d=list&page=2

Fire -> Fire dragon
Defeat: Lower the temperatur of the cave it is in with ice arrows to weaken it.
Model idea:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...29/?prev=search=fire&d=list&r=200&mmr=3&mur=3

Water -> Hydra like creature
Defeat: similar to the fire dragon in OoT. appearing at different positions of an area and must be smashed to kills its heads.
Model idea: I think we need to request a model with animations for different head numbers.

Earth: A giant worm again? Or a sand spider
Gimme your ideas.

I also requested a social group for this project and I am going to look for members in another wc3 forum.

Now I wait for feedback concerning my ideas :D

Earth: A giant worm again? Or a sand spider
Gimme your ideas.

Too boring and already done, we need something original. Before decide what the boss should be like, we need to determine what item we get here.

Defeat: Defeat the small monsters to reduce the power of the big one.

Giant Po rehash, I like the model but we should do something more original here too.

I like the Fire dungeon boss idea, and the model seems to fit perfectly.

Water -> Hydra like creature
Defeat: similar to the fire dragon in OoT. appearing at different positions of an area and must be smashed to kills its heads.
Model idea: I think we need to request a model with animations for different head numbers.

I like the idea of a Hydra, but I don't think we should rip the boss from OoT unless we change it enough. Maybe the heads have to be hit in a certain order?

Level 13
What do you think about the story?

And yeah you are right we shouldn't ripoff the old bosses.

But we need to start somehow.
As we decided to make it singleplayer we can easily divide the whole thing into different area.

I think we should make:

City
Area around city
the 4 element areas

Then we connnect them via gamecaches and so on.

I believe we can take a single map for every dungeon since it loads really fast if its a small map.

Now we need someone for every area. I did the kokiri forest once alone and I know that it's too much work to make it all alone.

I would take the area around the city if that is ok.

Now we need someone for every area. I did the kokiri forest once alone and I know that it's too much work to make it all alone.

Well to make sure everything has the same style, we should probably choose the different doodads and such before we terrain it - we wouldn't want them to clash (even though they are different elements).

Then we connnect them via gamecaches and so on.

I believe we can take a single map for every dungeon since it loads really fast if its a small map.

This is probably best as it would be a pain to try and fit everything in the same map.

Hmmmm, I would like to take a dungeon but we also need to get the city done - I would say its probably best to finish the city and the area around the city, then make the dungeons. As for the layout of Clocktown, you want to keep it pretty much the same or should it have changed a bit over time?

Level 10
It definitely needs to be more than three years after MM.
It should be described in a story (Most Zelda games have some sort of story-prologue to give background) that LONG AGO (or another phrase denoting a long time has passed), A Hero, with the help of the Four Giants, saved Termina from the impending doom of a falling moon. This vague length of time will suffice for the continental shifting of Termina (meaning that this map's Termina should NOT look exactly like the MM Termina).

Link should also be born in Termina. The idea of him (and Zelda?! Hah!) going BACK to Termina is a bit lame, especially when he has no means of communication back to Termina.
-------------------------------------------

In regards to things being terrained and the maps being made and such, wouldn't it be a better idea to get all of the game mechanics and triggers working first? If you've already done this, forgive me.

Level 13
No I have not done anything yet ;)
But we need to start somewhere.

My idea of the communication was that the 2 fairies which appear in MM divided
The one of them who helped link joined him and the other one stayed back.
I was thinking about them having certain ways of communicating :/

And I was thinking about Zelda because we can hardly make it links job to KILL the guardians in their curse form :/ I thought we could use zelda in the boss battles to purify the guardians.

But maybe we just find another young woman capable of doing that somewhere :D

So we go like this:

For centuries after the praised hero of time defeated the major's mask and saved Termina from it's destruction, the people in Termina lived in peace and harmony.
But the evil once living inside the Mask was not completely destroyed.
The daemon fled from the legendary Hero and hid in a cave deep inside the earth at a place where noone every dares to go.

Now after several generations passed on its powers began to strengthen and it left the cave to bring once more destruction over the world.
Its targets this time were the four guardians who had helped link defeating it before and who secured peace in the time of its absence.

The daemon corrupted the minds of the four guardians and they no longer stayed peaceful.
They began to envy each other and tried to increase their power and territory.
The war between the four also influenced the life of the people in Termina.
Rivers dried out, forest became deserts and Lava errupted from the highest mountains.

In this dark times where the fate of Termina was not secured anymore the 2 fairies who once had helped the legendary hero began to look for a new person to take up the hero's destiny to save the land.

If we take this as a basic we can start the whole thing with a cinematic and this story and then (like in OoT) show the fairies looking for the new hero.

And I still think we also need a new Zelda.

Level 1
This thread contains sexually oriented material.

As stated in the new rules as of today, May 23rd 2010...
Sex
This isn't that type of site. Don't talk about sexually orientated or any other obscene subject.

Please do away with this filth.

Status
Not open for further replies.