• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

The Legend of Zelda in Wc3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just an idea I had when I got bored, I doubt I'll get to making it but I wanted to see what you guys think about it:

-Recreate the experience of early Legend of Zelda games in Wc3 - top down view and all the room scrolling goodness of some the best of the series like the original and A link to the Past.

-Story: Well I haven't though of it enough to come up with one - obviously something happens to Zelda and Link, once again, has to save her or the land from some form of evil.

-Since the editor can accomplish some great things when used right, one could incorporate some of the technical stuff that could only be allowed by the latter top down games that came out for like the gamebody advance (like the gust jar from the Minish Cap).

I'm just wondering if anyone thinks this is a good idea. If you do, then some idea's for items (the game would have entirely new items except for the series classic ones like the boomerang and bombs), story, dungeons might be nice.

Level 19
I actually thought of nearly the same idea this last week, and I'd love to start such a map. I actually like almost all the zelda games, but my favourites are Ocarina of Time and the Phantom Hourglass. I'd like to help developing a plot as such, aswell as the special items. As for the top down perspective... That would be great! Especially with 3d models! As for character design, I really like the some of the Ocarina of Time characters, not to mention the Deku scrubs and the Gorons!

I actually thought of nearly the same idea this last week, and I'd love to start such a map. I actually like almost all the zelda games, but my favourites are Ocarina of Time and the Phantom Hourglass. I'd like to help developing a plot as such, aswell as the special items. As for the top down perspective... That would be great! Especially with 3d models! As for character design, I really like the some of the Ocarina of Time characters, not to mention the Deku scrubs and the Gorons!

K, so the next question would probably be should this be a single player RPG or a multiplayer ORPG - either one would be fun. I could see the ORPG working out like the 4 swords (man I still regret that I never got a chance to play this, D#$% you Nintendo for not including single player!).

Level 6
please whatever you do dont mess up one of the best games ever...if you do make this it better be dam good i could not stand seeing a crappy mod of zelda!

please whatever you do dont mess up one of the best games ever...if you do make this it better be dam good i could not stand seeing a crappy mod of zelda!

Well I've played and beaten every TLoZ game except for the two on the original gameboy and the newest one for the DS so I would say that I know Tloz pretty well, and where not to go with it.

Level 24
Well I've played and beaten every TLoZ game except for the two on the original gameboy

If you mean The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, they were on GBC. Great games both of them. They are the hardest LoZ games I have played. If you haven't played them you should since they should give nice ideas for dungeons since they are so damn hard.

And you should go single player since you can import stuff as much as you want to give the real LoZ game feeling.

If you mean The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, they were on GBC. Great games both of them. They are the hardest LoZ games I have played. If you haven't played them you should since they should give nice ideas for dungeons since they are so damn hard.

And you should go single player since you can import stuff as much as you want to give the real LoZ game feeling.

I think there was another one for the original Game boy also, something like Links Adventure. Anyways, I should try finding them at like game stop, gotta aim for completion.

Yeah Single Player does seem like a good option since the amount of imports this will probably need.

Level 8
I'd love to see one made, I've had high hopes in a good couple of projects, The D2 Project a while ago (No one has yet to ever finish it =\) multiplayer version of that is what I mean. Then this, I've seen a couple of them but the only one I ever had faith in was this one

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/lttp-epic-rpg-wip-42062/index3.html

Save/load pretty nice dungeons for how dated it is, download the map at the bottom and play it a bit. Definitely some fun.

Level 19
Man... if we could make this a singleplayer rpg equal to This Wreckage by RDZ...

EDIT: Also, which world are we going to put it in? Hyrule, New Hyrule, the Great Sea or Termina? I personally think that Termina might be an interesting concept, as only one game have been set in that world, and we will have great (perhaps even greater) freedom when working in that setting.

Last edited:
Man... if we could make this a singleplayer rpg equal to This Wreckage by RDZ...

EDIT: Also, which world are we going to put it in? Hyrule, New Hyrule, the Great Sea or Termina? I personally think that Termina might be an interesting concept, as only one game have been set in that world, and we will have great (perhaps even greater) freedom when working in that setting.

I'm not sure - was Termina from the Phantom Hourglass or the old Legend of Zelda for the game boy (the first game boy one, before the game boy color ones)? If it is the one from the Phantom Hourglass then would we include sailing in it? And if we do include sailing how would we handle it (if you ask me, I much preferred the sailing from the Wind Waker to the much more monotonous sailing from Phantom Hourglass)?

Anything that would give us more freedom for concept is probably best - though it would be good to include some trademarks of the series, I think we've all conquered Mount Doom and Turtle Rock way to many times.

Level 19
Termina is actually the world of "Majora's Mask", so we'll have to be a bit crative to make a fitting story for that world, but I'll try to make a scetch of the overmap and the story. I think we should have to include Clock Town and all the four areas around, but to a larger extent and several hundred years later. And we would have to invent a prime villain which is not Ganondorf!

And BTW: Started working on a sword based on the Razor Sword design!

Attachments

• RazorWIP.png
    RazorWIP.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 152
Ahhh, I don't remember them ever naming the World of Majora's mask, fun game though (one of the best in my opinion, at least better then Ocarina of Time if not the best). Ahhh, that was the Sea of the Ocean king in Phantom Hour Glass, and the one for the gameboy was still Hyrule.

I don't think we should bring in time traveling though, that would seem like a been there done that sort of thing. Though we should come up with something creative as an interesting premise for the game (Time Traveling for Ocarina of time and Majora Mask, Sailing for Wind Waker, Shrinking for Minish Cap, Twilight Realm, etc. etc.).

Level 19
Agreed, time-travel is kinda overused, and the game would do better with a touch of its own... but what to include? And how about including some masks in the game with certain effects, not those who were crucial for Majora's Mask, but masks like the lesser ones such as Blast Mask and Captain's Hat and so on?

Level 8
Make a bunch of maps then. Start with Ocarina of Time IMO, it was the best, most known, hardest of the bunch.

Now how will we do the Ocarina songs exactly? Will you give us the choice of clicking and then using the arrow keys on our keyboard?

If you go with my idea, such as making OoT then Majoras (Other ones are terrible nothing beats the original N64 ones. That is coming from a person who has beaten all the gameboy ones as well lol)

Only OoT/Majora codes will work on Majoras, Majora codes will only work on the next Zelda they ruined etc...

Now I think only the items from each game should be saved. Except the important ones, The Ocarina of course will go through to majoras. But the Biggoron sword won't go bombs blah blah.

Only thing that should transfer to each game is half of your current level, half of the hearts you collect, gold, bags if you did the Golden skull quests, and of course little secrets you place in.

IE: I just finished the game with level 10 and 800 hp. In Majoras mask you go to level 5 with 400 hp. Hearts will be like health tomes. Increasing HP by 100 or something.

/Great text of China off

As you can tell I'm a loser when it comes to Zelda lol.

Agreed, time-travel is kinda overused, and the game would do better with a touch of its own... but what to include? And how about including some masks in the game with certain effects, not those who were crucial for Majora's Mask, but masks like the lesser ones such as Blast Mask and Captain's Hat and so on?

They would be interesting - the Mask's do add a touch of interest to the game even if some of them are useless (the Blast mask was mere novelty if you ask me).

But we do need something interesting for our game....(thinking, thinking)

-We should make every sword from the series obtainable, just to give some nostalgalia to the players (hmmm, which should be better the Master Sword or the Fierce Deity sword? (If you ask me the Fierce Deity one is cooler anyways, though the swords used to execute Ganon in Twilight Princess should probably be third after those two).

Also cool that you can model - that should make things flow smoother

@Yabooer - We're gonna make an entirely new Tloz, instead of borrowing the stories from the old ones (which if we went through all of them would take forever). But you do raise a good question:

Should we incorporate a musical instrument into the game for things like traveling? If so what instrument?
-Here's a couple that could work (aside from the normal ones which are always an option):
*Kalimba
*Violin
*Pipes
*Harp

Level 19
I think we should make our own set of swords and shields, and invent some unique items for our game. You know there is a glith with the blast mask: if you manage to press the "R" button fast enough, you wont be damaged!

And Yabooer: What the heck is you talking about? we're not recreating a game from the zelda series, we are trying to come up with a story of our own!

Edit: Musical instruments, how about deku link's extreme set of pipes? :D Maybe "The Drums of Lore"?

-I did enjoy the Monstrous Interpretation of Pols Voice from the Phantom Hourglass (sorry If I keep bringing this one up, its the latest one I played so I remember it the best).

-The Wall and Ceiling Masters are also a must

-Which interpretation of a ChuChu should we use? I prefer the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess interpreations of them. The Majoras mask ones are a bit meh in my opinion.

Level 19
I think we should use the Wind Waker ChuChus, they're the cooles ones, and Wall Masters are definately a must.

Backstory Layout:
One Hundred years have passed since the Hero of the Other World came to Termina and saved it from destruction. One Hundred years of peace. But now, in the dark ruins of Ikana, a new darkness is on the rise, threatening the safety of all the Terminian people. There is hope however, as the Hero, prophesied by the Gorons to save all Termina, Heir to the Legacy of the Hero Link, have been born in Romani Village.

And another WIP:

Attachments

• RazorWIP2.png
    RazorWIP2.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 109
Kinda funny actually, for my WiP for the Solo Mapping contest (this is still really early WiP), I already have started most systems that would be required for this project (movement, camera's, pushing objects with friction, etc.).

It's not against the rules if your not a judge or contestant of that contest so I don't mind if you take a look at what I already have there (it's not all that much yet).

(If you push the statues on the different tiles you will see that each has a different friction and thus effects it differently) Also it's easier to use the mouse to control when your in the "test area" I had placed aside for the different physics stuff (Still all wip) - but if you go into the temple area thats actually terrained the camera will get stuck there as I haven't put in a camera if you leave that area (camera's are all triggered by when you enter their specific rect).

Attachments

• ZZ - Project.w3x
    4.5 MB · Views: 90
then I think you should play more zelda games ^^

I would really want but unfortunately I don't any nintendo systems (GBA, DS) now... and I cannot use emulators because I cannot find any Zelda ROM for DL not mentioning the fact that having a softcopy of the ROM without buying it is illegal...

Level 3
I would really want but unfortunately I don't any nintendo systems (GBA, DS) now... and I cannot use emulators because I cannot find any Zelda ROM for DL not mentioning the fact that having a softcopy of the ROM without buying it is illegal...

well thats a problem...:sad:
but you can always buy an nintendo consol:)

Level 13

Well if you can bring yourself to ignore the illegal thing I might be able to help your with 1 or 2 links :/

Anyway :)

I played ALL zelda games ;) and if I say all i really mean all :)

Just PM me when you start the project please : D

Edit:

I really liked the termina landscape with the 4 areas surrounding the city :)

Well I'm at least going to need a the Clock from Clocktown's model to get some real WiP's of the terrain up. Should we change the town up a little? Like has it changed over time?

Oh, btw I would suggest getting an N64 Emulator and a Rom of Majora's mask so we have it for reference to the different areas/we get the feel right.

Last edited:
Level 8
sounds like a cool idea and truly original :)

if this is going to be a single player map, i have a master sword model that i was recently working on if you want i can give it to you and help with other models

Status
Not open for further replies.