• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring for WarCraft III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Has any ever played War of the Ring. In case you haven't, Its a RTS game for Lord of the Rings, and has very similar thing as to Warcraft III.

My idea is to have 2 Campaigns, one for Good, one for Evil.

Now I would like to make 2 Campaigns, but first, I want to make a demo, that would first get people interested. I been working on the idea for many years. This idea will be taken more in-depth if I can get some one to help me.

Let me know if this idea is worth the effort.

Level 65
Aye, a venomous trap, WoW... She nearly took me pride as well as me wallet. A hard trap to see, but harder to escape.

I will texture and toil for you, M'lord. But know this, if ye abandon the project, I may have to steal your goldfish, the little one you call James.

With that grim talk out of the way, Tally-ho! Make way for the King n' all that!

Level 65
@HerrDave
Your map War of the Ring: Skirmish looks so amazing, do you think you'll ever re-create the campaigns from the original game?
Y e s

Not as a perfect recreation of course, there are some systems which WC3's engine flat-out can't do (Like units walking under bridges)
But I'd be thrilled to see a working campaign of it

Status
Not open for further replies.