• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Lord of the Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to create a RPG map based on The Lord of the Rings trilogy, but i want to make it different from this other The Lord of the Rings maps. What i really need is now your ideas what possible features should be put in this map? I'm thinking to use only HD resources.

Here are the resources i will use in the map (if i find more HD resources i will update the list) :

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It depends what you want from an RPG. It could be made LotR based, where players select characters and then vaguely follow the story events even if the characters involved make no sense. If it is PvP it could be loosely based on one of the climax events where each team has like 30 minutes to build up their heroes doing LotR style things to influence the final battle. It could be based on one of the major battle sequences where players have to develop their heroes with side quests and fight off ever increasing strength attack waves until they can break the siege. It could be made something utterly ludicrous where players select LotR heroes and villians and then mess around in a LotR themed map similar to LoaP.

Generally the entire LotR story does not translate well to a coop RPG because it was written as a book and major characters die or are out of action for long periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.