• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MTG Magus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys,

Back in the starcraft 1 days... There was a very popular UMS map called MTG Magus. The game's concept came from the ever so popular card game called Magic the Gathering. The elements of the game were taken into the SC world to create a quick strategy arena mini-game that reached a popularity that could easily run with the top UMS maps ever made in SC1.

Although that good ol' MTG Magus in SC1 had about 70 modifications to find its proper balance that allowed it to gain the popularity that it did. If you had the opportunity to play Magus back in SC 1 you will really appreciate what I am trying to attempt here.

I have dedicated a lot of time to recreate this map in the WAR 3 world. The map is currently posted in version 1.1 and in the pending section on the Hive. Most of the main ideas, and triggers are complete for the map to function and have at your opponents. Unfortunately, I am still quite new to the WAR3 editor and its language...

Hence... my choice of triggering thus far, terraining ability, and advanced triggering is severly lacking.... but at least I am fully aware of how to clean the leaks :thumbs_up:

---------------------------------------
At this point and time I am looking for anyone interested to assist with some of the following:

-Upgrade the URZA's with advanced trigger abilites (at this point, they have some-what basic abilities that are slightly triggered up to target multiple units using unit groups with added effects via trigs)

-Any good terrainer that could glamour each home base area, but staying true to what I have some-what laid out at this point.

-I need a couple of people who are interested in this map concept to help with testing, to create a proper balance spread throughout the different colors.

-Any good modelers. I have spared some space for new models, because this map is essentially a trophy room for modelers. The world of MTG is based on ART WORK, and each and every unit needs to look unique. Many of the models will change in later versions.

-Any other ideas that more experienced mappers could suggest to bring this map to a WAR3 worthy level

----------------------------------------

On a final note, anyone interested in helping out is more then welcome. I look forward to hearing from anyone who wishes to do so.

Cheers,

Blood

Level 5
Looking for a good terrainer that may also be a fan of MTG

Hey all,

My project MTG Magus is now alive and approved. I am continuing my work to better this project and look forward to seeing it polished, just as any other individual working hard to finish their projects.

I am currently seeking anyone skilled in terraining that would like an opportunity to re-design this map's terrain

Also, I am seeking fellow testers that I could run the map with either on Garena or TFT if you are able to host.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Cheers

Level 13
add me. i'm on uswest on battle.net as sankaku. i also sometimes use other names but lately i just use sankaku.

btw, did you check out MTG SC the war3 custom game yet?

anyway, i'd be happy to get in on this project, although i'm not sure what i'll have the energy to do, it'll be fun to test if nothing else.

Level 5
add me. i'm on uswest on battle.net as sankaku. i also sometimes use other names but lately i just use sankaku.

btw, did you check out MTG SC the war3 custom game yet?

anyway, i'd be happy to get in on this project, although i'm not sure what i'll have the energy to do, it'll be fun to test if nothing else.

I appreciate the support... I will keep an eye out for you.

I am on USeast... handle: Blood_Knight

on Garena .... handle: Galaxy_Mage

Any others interested feel free to look me up... anyone that helps me test this to bring it a nice balance will recieve proper credit

Status
Not open for further replies.