• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving to a Different Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone
I am sorry to inform you that the current very powerful server costs too much. Therefore I have been researching options as to where to move the site. The best solution I can see is to move the site to my laptop. It is powerful enough to keep everything running and wouldn't cost anything because I already own the laptop. The only problem is when I am travelling and sleeping, the site will be down. This will probably result in a downtime at about 40%, but as many of you are also europeans, it should not matter much. As for the rest of you, I guess you could alter your sleep patterns to match mine. The move will initiate in 24 hours.

Ralle

Update [03.04.2013]: I'm just gonna edit your post with this: Project Spotlight - March 2013 [Poll]

Vengeancekael out. (Also guys the server transfer really is happening)

Last edited by a moderator:
vader.jpg

Why Ralle? How about us that come from Asian? Such as me and Almia and Orcnet. We will have tons of difficulties entering the site :(

I just hope it's an April Fool's Joke

Ralle, if its need for us to change server, please consider us the Asians please...... We will be the victims of this server changing.

EDIT : Ralle, great April Fools joke you made there, though you almost give me a Heart-Attack

Notes : I will from now on always quoted my old post whenever I edit post :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In other news I have found a way to re-balance the advice I give users to encourage mappers to find solutions for themselves instead of asking help doing simple tasks. This will be done by sucking out all long term reliability from my solutions and placing it, instead, into short term effectiveness. Entire maps could be made in minutes this way yet will become unplayable after a few hours from being made.

In other news I have found a way to re-balance the advice I give users to encourage mappers to find solutions for themselves instead of asking help doing simple tasks. This will be done by sucking out all long term reliability from my solutions and placing it, instead, into short term effectiveness. Entire maps could be made in minutes this way yet will become unplayable after a few hours from being made.

Exactly... wait wut? o_O

Level 5
I suggest going to http://downloadmoreram.com/ to get more RAM for that comp, because I don't think it will be able to handle it.

Before people go batshit crazy that site is a joke site and is not malicious in anyway

I'll leave the hive because the Site is Moving..

Bye guys, nice meeting you all.............

He he he he, you just cannot be serious, you are addicted on thw, more than 5 post per days, meas no chance, you probably can try leaving it for few days but sooner or later you will come back. Even I, I am not that active once 5 posts per day now about 2 have no chance to leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.