• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Movie Remakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How are you peeps on the idea of Remaking a Classic Movie in Sc2?

Im currently drawing up plans to implement a TPS or FPS that is almost identical to the Movie I've chosen.

The Map will include features such as...

-The player been able to play through the Movie exactly as it happens in the Movie.
-Class System
-Cinematics including accurate conversations.

I dont want to give away the Film just yet, but i just wanted everyones thoughts on creating a map that is playable, but is almost identical to the Movie.

Thanks

Level 3
This sounds like another ambitious project that will most likely not be finished. Starcraft II will be overrun with TPS's and FPS's. But if you do make it I would play it.

Yes indeed this will be an ambitious project, one im not taking alone. I will be looking for a few team members to help create this map.

So far ill need Members to help with -

- Triggers
- Custom Models

I'll be doing -

- Terrain
- Cinematics
- Sound

But i will not stop till the project has been completed.

Does anyone think the idea is worth creating into a map (even though i've not told you guys what the movie is)

:D

Level 3
Sorry man, but there are a LOT of movies out there, could ya be a little bit more specific...?

Yeah, i just dont want to give to much away at the idea stage, because if people think its a good idea, i might potentially loose the idea to someone who is faster at creating it than me.

All i want to say is that its a very well known Sci-fi Movie

So its not lord of the rings lol.
Nor is it Alien Vs Predator.

Level 9
I seriusly doubt anyone will steal your idea, not because its dumb but really, even if he follows same rules as you while maping, it would be the same, nobody would suspect he stole your idea.

If it's classic SF movie, I can't wait to see it. I like SF movies :)

I like the idea, maybe someone could remake some interesting Twilight Zone episodes, that would be awesome. Good luck with it!

Level 3
Let me guess... star wars. Right?

I would love to tell you wether you are right or wrong, but i'll reveal the project once I've had a few more people show some interest in the idea.

But its not what everyone i suspecting.
I hope anyway :D

Level 14
I would love to tell you wether you are right or wrong, but i'll reveal the project once I've had a few more people show some interest in the idea.

But its not what everyone i suspecting.
I hope anyway :D

I don't see how not sharing more info about your project can help you.

Also if you have the fear that someone will steal your ideea. . .you can relax because no one will. Who is able to make maps has their own ideas. . .who are to noob at it. . .will steal, start and not even finish :D

Level 5
I don't see how not sharing more info about your project can help you.

Also if you have the fear that someone will steal your ideea. . .you can relax because no one will. Who is able to make maps has their own ideas. . .who are to noob at it. . .will steal, start and not even finish :D

Yeah, don't worry, nobody who has any decent mapmaking skills either is in the middle of a project, or has brains enough to come up with their own map.

Level 4
wow I already suggested this...but thanks for trying to be original. Only difference between your idea and mine really is that mine is more like a parasite game where yours is story driven.

Edit: Oh, my bad. This is Aliens, not Alien. Now that could be ALOT different. Alright I suppose the project has my approval.

And here's the link to my thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/starcraft-ii-408/project-idea-alien-160920/

Status
Not open for further replies.