• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seventeenth Released Map- Battle Royale: The Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Based on the cult classic movie from Japan. BR is one of my favorite movies, and inspired me to make this map. There was a pre-existing BR map floating around the net, and I thought the itesm in it were nicely done, so Imimiced their item system and did everything else from scratch. I used custom models for the solider, students and some of the items to make the theme more accurate, which the other map did not do.

The story is the same as the move, a class of Japanese middle school students are forced to partake in a bloody game of surval, a game where friends have to turn on friends and kill until there is only one survivor. All students are forced to wear an explosive collar, and if any rules are broken, the collar is detonated. Also like the movie, there island is devided into grids and every so often, a grid will become a danger zone. This was done so that as the number of students grew fewer, they would be funneled into more dense areas so finding targets would be less time consuming.

In my map, every student starts at the enterance of the school with a random weapon, and has a minute long head start, so playsers can find secluded safe spots or look for better weapons. Once the minute is up, the school becomes a danger zone and players can begin attacking eachother. In the movie it was a free for all. But in my map is players versus all players versus the computers. All the computer controlled students are on the same side. I added automobiles in for transportation and fun. Players can alos enter houses, churches, caves and so forth to hide. Crates all round the map have a chance to drop weapons or health items, all the while the playable area shrinks and shrinks due to increased number of danger zones. Last student standing wins.

You can try out BR here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=6005&sid=1af5280d69fefd75607623a446bc464d

Status
Not open for further replies.