• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Move While Channeling with the Ability 'Channel'? (Like Bladestorm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I want to ask about how to go about doing the task of basing an ability on 'Channel' so that I can fully customize everything but also being able to move while setting the spell as a channel (Follow through time).

I want it to basically act like a Bladestorm but I don't want to base it on that ability. The channel is also going to be like a whirlwind type spell but I just want to be able to see that the spell is being used while being able to move (Whirl around to wherever you want to).

I have tried setting 'Channel' as an instant cast with no follow through time and a dummy to show the spin animation but that allows him to attack and cast other spells while the animation is still going which I don't want which is why I want to make it a channel ability instead.

I have also tried to trigger to move the unit (Instantly) to wherever the player has clicked but that does not follow his movement speed rule as he moves either a little bit too fast or too slow and I want it to be exactly like his movement speed.

Here is the description of the spell if you still don't understand:

Spin to Win
You swirl yourself around with your sword lunged out, dealing Whatever damage to those around you within 200 range every 0.8 seconds for 5 seconds.

Can move while the ability is going on but is unable to cast spells or attack until the ability is finished.

Last edited:
Triggers will be the easiest way. Create an ability based on stomp or any no target ability. Then create a dummy when it is cast. Give the dummy your channel ability and make your caster invisible. Loop the dummy to 'move instantly' to the caster's position. When it ends then make the caster visible and remove the dummy. I am not sure if there is a OE solution, though it might be possible. If you are just doing damage to an area why do you need it to channel anyway?

Level 2
I don't know if you understand what I mean, I want to be able to move while the spinning is going off which is why I want it to be a channel spell. If I don't channel the spell then the caster can attack and use other spells while the spinning is still going off :/

Level 5
The way you put it, it sounds like you just want to damage nearby enemies every 0.8 seconds for 5 seconds. If that's true, then I think have your solution.

First off, if you want the spin effect, try downloading this model.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/whirlwind-bladestorm-effect-48706/?prev=search%3Dbladestorm%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

You don't really need the dummy unit if its only there for the effect. Use a buff placer like beserk to "buff" the hero and make it give him that effect.
Because I have far too much time on my hands, I made a casual (I think?) trigger that should work exactly how you intended.

• SpinToWin
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spin to Win
    • Actions
      • Set SpinToWin_Loop_Max = (SpinToWin_Loop_Max + 1)
      • Set SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = (Triggering unit)
      • -------- THESE ARE THE VALUES THAT YOU PROBABLY WANT TO CHANGE --------
      • Set SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = 5.00
      • Set SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = 0.80
      • Set SpinToWin_Damage[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = (50.00 + (20.00 x (Real((Level of Spin to Win for SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop_Max])))))
      • -------- CHANGEABLE VALUES END HERE --------
      • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • SpinToWin_Loop_Max Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on SpinToWin Loop <gen>
        • Else - Actions
  • SpinToWin Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer SpinToWin_Loop) from 1 to SpinToWin_Loop_Max, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop] is alive) Not equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- SPELL WILL END EARLY IF THE UNIT DIES BEFORE THE SPELL IS OVER --------
              • Set SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] = 0.00
              • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] = 0.00
            • Else - Actions
              • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] = (SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] - 0.04)
              • Set SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] = (SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] - 0.04)
              • -------- DAMAGE NEARBY ENEMIES IF TIMER = 0 --------
                • If - Conditions
                  • SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] Less than or equal to 0.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop]
                  • Set SpinToWin_P = (Position of SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop])
                  • Set SpinToWin_T = (Units within 200.00 of SpinToWin_P)
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in SpinToWin_T and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Set SpinToWin_ST = (Picked unit)
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (SpinToWin_ST belongs to an enemy of (Owner of SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop])) Equal to True
                          • (SpinToWin_ST is alive) Equal to True
                          • (SpinToWin_ST is A structure) Not equal to True
                          • (SpinToWin_ST is Magic Immune) Not equal to True
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Cause SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop] to damage SpinToWin_ST, dealing SpinToWin_Damage[SpinToWin_Loop] damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                        • Else - Actions
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_SpinToWin_P)
                  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_SpinToWin_T)
                • Else - Actions
              • -------- END SPELL IF DURATION = 0 --------
            • If - Conditions
              • SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] Less than or equal to 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- DE-INDEX --------
              • Set SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_Damage[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_Damage[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_Loop = (SpinToWin_Loop - 1)
              • Set SpinToWin_Loop_Max = (SpinToWin_Loop_Max - 1)
                • If - Conditions
                  • SpinToWin_Loop_Max Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off SpinToWin Loop <gen>
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
There is one spot where you can configure what the spell hits. I highlighted that for you :D.
attachment.php

I also slapped on an example map, maybe you can understand it. Have any questions, feel free to toss them out.

EDIT: Or an alternative would be to just based the spell off of bladestorm, and then give the unit that attached bladestorm effect. That works too.

Attachments

• SpinToWin.w3x
    26.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Config Targets.png
    Config Targets.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 314
I don't know if you understand what I mean, I want to be able to move while the spinning is going off which is why I want it to be a channel spell. If I don't channel the spell then the caster can attack and use other spells while the spinning is still going off :/

My apologies. You can pause unit and then just move the spinning unit. Loop and move the caster instantly to the dummy's location. Trigger select dummy. Then when it ends move the caster to the position of the dummy and unpause and make visible. Make the dummy a unit-type of casting unit type. Set life and mana to match.

I still don't understand why you can't just use bladestorm. This is a very simple problem and it is getting overly complicated finding a solution.

Level 2
The way you put it, it sounds like you just want to damage nearby enemies every 0.8 seconds for 5 seconds. If that's true, then I think have your solution.

First off, if you want the spin effect, try downloading this model.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/whirlwind-bladestorm-effect-48706/?prev=search%3Dbladestorm%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

You don't really need the dummy unit if its only there for the effect. Use a buff placer like beserk to "buff" the hero and make it give him that effect.
Because I have far too much time on my hands, I made a casual (I think?) trigger that should work exactly how you intended.

• SpinToWin
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spin to Win
    • Actions
      • Set SpinToWin_Loop_Max = (SpinToWin_Loop_Max + 1)
      • Set SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = (Triggering unit)
      • -------- THESE ARE THE VALUES THAT YOU PROBABLY WANT TO CHANGE --------
      • Set SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = 5.00
      • Set SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = 0.80
      • Set SpinToWin_Damage[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = (50.00 + (20.00 x (Real((Level of Spin to Win for SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop_Max])))))
      • -------- CHANGEABLE VALUES END HERE --------
      • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop_Max] = SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
        • If - Conditions
          • SpinToWin_Loop_Max Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on SpinToWin Loop <gen>
        • Else - Actions
  • SpinToWin Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer SpinToWin_Loop) from 1 to SpinToWin_Loop_Max, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop] is alive) Not equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- SPELL WILL END EARLY IF THE UNIT DIES BEFORE THE SPELL IS OVER --------
              • Set SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] = 0.00
              • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] = 0.00
            • Else - Actions
              • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] = (SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] - 0.04)
              • Set SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] = (SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] - 0.04)
              • -------- DAMAGE NEARBY ENEMIES IF TIMER = 0 --------
                • If - Conditions
                  • SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] Less than or equal to 0.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop]
                  • Set SpinToWin_P = (Position of SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop])
                  • Set SpinToWin_T = (Units within 200.00 of SpinToWin_P)
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in SpinToWin_T and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Set SpinToWin_ST = (Picked unit)
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (SpinToWin_ST belongs to an enemy of (Owner of SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop])) Equal to True
                          • (SpinToWin_ST is alive) Equal to True
                          • (SpinToWin_ST is A structure) Not equal to True
                          • (SpinToWin_ST is Magic Immune) Not equal to True
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Cause SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop] to damage SpinToWin_ST, dealing SpinToWin_Damage[SpinToWin_Loop] damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                        • Else - Actions
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_SpinToWin_P)
                  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_SpinToWin_T)
                • Else - Actions
              • -------- END SPELL IF DURATION = 0 --------
            • If - Conditions
              • SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] Less than or equal to 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- DE-INDEX --------
              • Set SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_C[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_Duration[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_TimerBase[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_Damage[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_Damage[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop] = SpinToWin_Timer[SpinToWin_Loop_Max]
              • Set SpinToWin_Loop = (SpinToWin_Loop - 1)
              • Set SpinToWin_Loop_Max = (SpinToWin_Loop_Max - 1)
                • If - Conditions
                  • SpinToWin_Loop_Max Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off SpinToWin Loop <gen>
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
There is one spot where you can configure what the spell hits. I highlighted that for you :D.
attachment.php

I also slapped on an example map, maybe you can understand it. Have any questions, feel free to toss them out.

EDIT: Or an alternative would be to just based the spell off of bladestorm, and then give the unit that attached bladestorm effect. That works too.

Thank you for this but it still doesn't fulfill what I am trying to get at, in your map the spell is cast but I can still attack while the spin effect and the spin damage is going on but I don't want that to happen, I don't want to be able to attack or cast spells at the time the spin is happening but I want to be able to move.

My apologies. You can pause unit and then just move the spinning unit. Loop and move the caster instantly to the dummy's location. Trigger select dummy. Then when it ends move the caster to the position of the dummy and unpause and make visible. Make the dummy a unit-type of casting unit type. Set life and mana to match.

I still don't understand why you can't just use bladestorm. This is a very simple problem and it is getting overly complicated finding a solution.

Pausing the unit makes me unable to move, I want to be able to move while the spin is happening but not able to use other spells or attack.

Level 5
I can slap on a few adjustments to the trigger(s), but it still sounds like a bladestorm to me. What's wrong with using the spell bladestorm itself? If it's because the effect doesn't show up on anyone except blademasters, then just download the model I mentioned before and add it via triggers. (I'll flash another trigger for that in a second.)

EDIT 1: Ah okay, I see why not. Bladestorm still allows you to attack. I'll have a fix for that in a moment too.

Level 2
I can slap on a few adjustments to the trigger(s), but it still sounds like a bladestorm to me. What's wrong with using the spell bladestorm itself? If it's because the effect doesn't show up on anyone except blademasters, then just download the model I mentioned before and add it via triggers. (I'll flash another trigger for that in a second.)

It's because I plan to have another spell that is like Spin to Win, basically a second spin spell so if I based Spin to Win off of Bladestorm then my other spell (Let's call it 'Swirling Death') can not be based off of Bladestorm even though they are going to be the exact same type of spell (Apart from Swirling Death does bleed damage).

Level 5
Okay, final question. Is this hero a blademaster / blademaster type unit? This sort of matters because every other unit does not have that spin animation thingy, and therefore would need the model I mentioned. I'll just go ahead and adjust the triggers from before then. Disabling attack is a piece of cake, though the silence will be a bit of a headache.

EDIT: Ok forget that question. I just realized how stupid it is.

EDIT2: Ok, so I think I may have found a work-around. First off, when using Spin to Win, the hero's attack is disabled by adding Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow) to him. Adding this ability pretty much disables their attack, enough said. I couldn't find a perfect way to disable all other spells, but the only thing that seemed to work through Bladestorm's magic immunity was Doom, and doom cancels out bladestorm. So I added in a requirement to all of the blademaster's other spells which could disable said spells when Spin to Win was active. Everything from the very first post still applies, but the spell isn't MUI anymore because of the requirement effect, so the spell is a bit more overwhelming than it needs to be.

The Spin to Win FX can be changed via the OE in buffs.

Attachments

• SpinToWin.w3x
    27.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 2
Okay, final question. Is this hero a blademaster / blademaster type unit? This sort of matters because every other unit does not have that spin animation thingy, and therefore would need the model I mentioned. I'll just go ahead and adjust the triggers from before then. Disabling attack is a piece of cake, though the silence will be a bit of a headache.

EDIT: Ok forget that question. I just realized how stupid it is.

EDIT2: Ok, so I think I may have found a work-around. First off, when using Spin to Win, the hero's attack is disabled by adding Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow) to him. Adding this ability pretty much disables their attack, enough said. I couldn't find a perfect way to disable all other spells, but the only thing that seemed to work through Bladestorm's magic immunity was Doom, and doom cancels out bladestorm. So I added in a requirement to all of the blademaster's other spells which could disable said spells when Spin to Win was active. Everything from the very first post still applies, but the spell isn't MUI anymore because of the requirement effect, so the spell is a bit more overwhelming than it needs to be.

The Spin to Win FX can be changed via the OE in buffs.

Since I don't know if anyone can solve it, can I just ask how to disable the hero from attacking or casting spells? Like how Bladestorm grays out the spells and the attack feature like a silence?

I don't want to use the silence ability because I already tried it and it overwrites the buff of another silence ability if both silence buff is on the target.

Edit: I tried your new map idea and it is getting there, it is what I kind of wanted but I want to be able to see the attack icon because making it disappear kind of bugs me :/

Thank you so much for your help though, really appreciate it :D

Level 2
Okay, I might have been a bit silly, I just checked the silence ability and in one of the data slots it says: Attacks Prevented

It has spells, melee and range in there so I'm guessing if I just cast that on my hero for 5 seconds then it will prevent the hero from attacking and casting spells for 5 seconds, right?

Edit: The silence ability also removes the attack icon...

If that's right I want to know how to have the silence buff not overwrite other silence buffs, what I mean is, if I used silence no. 1 on a hero and then silence no. 2 on the same hero, the buff from silence no. 1 disappears even though the timer hasn't run out because silence no. 2 has replaced it, any ideas how to prevent that so that both buffs can be showing?

And how do I silence a specific hero instead of an area if I want a dummy to cast it on a hero?

Level 5
There that one spell from firelord. Single target silence. But the problem with silencing a hero is that it won't affect him if bladestorm is active. (Bladestorm = spell immune). I don't know how silence affect bladestorm but something like Doom (another single target silence) will cancel bladestorm's effect instantly if it's active.

Level 2
I've just decided to turn a trigger on which has: Make unit - Stop whenever it tries to cast a spell or attack and then turn it back off after 5 seconds, seems like the only way :/

Thanks for the help Yugata, wish I could give you like a + or something for the amazing help :D

Level 24
Since I don't know if anyone can solve it,
You should ask beings with higher intelligence than humans...

Hello, my name is Wietlol, nice to meet you miserable human.

I have actually made myself (yea that is right, MYSELF so you wont be using it... you wouldnt be able to anyway) a spell system where I can do basically anything that I just want.

There are a few basic spells that I use that are required to make all the possibilities of that system.
You may know the use of most of them:
Channel, just because it is OP.
Slow Aura (Tornado version), applies a generic buff on a unit.
Attribute Bonus, just for the same of passive abilities where I can still hide the icon... dunno why I would even want that.
Bear Form, transformation, duh.
Crow Form, "I believe I can fly!" FU BELIEBER!
Spell Shield, customizable cooldowns.
But most of all... Bladestorm!

Bladestorm is as far as I know one of the best abilities to channel something while remaining the control of your unit.
What I do is when any unit casts an ability that channels like bladestorm does, I give them a Channel based activational ability (just for the sake of the base id).

Whenever such an ability is cast, the unit will gain a bladestorm ability that replaces the channel one and is ordered to cast it. (0 cast point makes this possible, the cast point is pretty much replaced by the activational abilities of channel using timers from the system to do it :D
The bladestorm is also removed after the spell has finished.

During the bladestorm, I can do whatever I want and because everything that I use is triggered (that is why noone can use it), I am able to get the moment of interruption on the actual bladestorm or just wait until the timer expires :D

So... it is definately possible, but I recommend you to use silence and a normal ability :D
One of the drunken abilities (drunken haze probably) is a single target silence.
Buffs by target abilities (everything except auras) do not stack on the same ability-type.
That is why I use custom buffs and why even silences are triggered.

Btw, dont double post, just edit your post if the last post is also by you ;)

Level 2
You should ask beings with higher intelligence than humans...

Hello, my name is Wietlol, nice to meet you miserable human.

I have actually made myself (yea that is right, MYSELF so you wont be using it... you wouldnt be able to anyway) a spell system where I can do basically anything that I just want.

There are a few basic spells that I use that are required to make all the possibilities of that system.
You may know the use of most of them:
Channel, just because it is OP.
Slow Aura (Tornado version), applies a generic buff on a unit.
Attribute Bonus, just for the same of passive abilities where I can still hide the icon... dunno why I would even want that.
Bear Form, transformation, duh.
Crow Form, "I believe I can fly!" FU BELIEBER!
Spell Shield, customizable cooldowns.
But most of all... Bladestorm!

Bladestorm is as far as I know one of the best abilities to channel something while remaining the control of your unit.
What I do is when any unit casts an ability that channels like bladestorm does, I give them a Channel based activational ability (just for the sake of the base id).

Whenever such an ability is cast, the unit will gain a bladestorm ability that replaces the channel one and is ordered to cast it. (0 cast point makes this possible, the cast point is pretty much replaced by the activational abilities of channel using timers from the system to do it :D
The bladestorm is also removed after the spell has finished.

During the bladestorm, I can do whatever I want and because everything that I use is triggered (that is why noone can use it), I am able to get the moment of interruption on the actual bladestorm or just wait until the timer expires :D

So... it is definately possible, but I recommend you to use silence and a normal ability :D
One of the drunken abilities (drunken haze probably) is a single target silence.
Buffs by target abilities (everything except auras) do not stack on the same ability-type.
That is why I use custom buffs and why even silences are triggered.

Btw, dont double post, just edit your post if the last post is also by you ;)

Okay thanks so much, I think I get you. You mean that I can basically still use channel as the base ability but replace it with Bladestorm with 0 cooldown so that when I use channel, it will swap into Bladestorm so that when it finishes it swaps back to the channel ability showing the cooldown? I did not think of that but thank you so much!

As of the silence, I don't understand how to get the custom buffs so that I still get silence on multiple buffs instead of overwriting one another, do you have a thread or a link that I can refer to?

Level 24
The cooldown is made using a spell shield ability in which I can set the duration of the cooldown by myself and activate the cooldown independent of wether the unit is stunned, channeling something or whatever :D

I am not sure if the standard silence is able to do that, but you could try to search for a silence system... but I wouldn't care so much about it... there is little chance that your first silence will be longer than the second.

Pausing the unit makes me unable to move, I want to be able to move while the spin is happening but not able to use other spells or attack.
That's why you swap out your selected unit for the dummy unit which is the same unit-type as your hero and then swap it back when the spell is done. You move the bladestorming dummy in-game and the invisible paused caster via trigger.

Also, if you want to use silence, create a dummy caster to cast a dummy silence (buff removed) on your hero. You must set the duration to match. Also ... again, why are you not using just plain old vanilla bladestorm? Seems like re-inventing the wheel.

Level 2
That's why you swap out your selected unit for the dummy unit which is the same unit-type as your hero and then swap it back when the spell is done. You move the bladestorming dummy in-game and the invisible paused caster via trigger.

Also, if you want to use silence, create a dummy caster to cast a dummy silence (buff removed) on your hero. You must set the duration to match. Also ... again, why are you not using just plain old vanilla bladestorm? Seems like re-inventing the wheel.

As I said, I don't want to use the vanilla Bladestorm because I have 2 abilities that are going to be like Bladestorm so only one is able to base it off that spell so I decided to just base everything off Channel since it can have a unique ID so that it doesn't share cooldown.

Also, does Silence still take effect even if you remove the buff off the unit? Because I'd rather have no buff then have buffs overwriting each other since they don't stack like auras.

As I said, I don't want to use the vanilla Bladestorm because I have 2 abilities that are going to be like Bladestorm so only one is able to base it off that spell so I decided to just base everything off Channel since it can have a unique ID so that it doesn't share cooldown.

Also, does Silence still take effect even if you remove the buff off the unit? Because I'd rather have no buff then have buffs overwriting each other since they don't stack like auras.

Sorry, I get it. I figured that's what it was.

You can also trigger the animation with PlayUnitAnimationByIndex(unit, index). This might do the trick. Damage the area and give your hero the silent treatment.

You can edit the buff/make a custom buff with no effect model. Then you can remove it and the unit will get his abilities back. However, silence still allows attacking. To turn off everything except move, the best might be to swap units out they way I suggested above.

Status
Not open for further replies.