• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Moonlight"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Cool, I like it alot. Even though the foreground looks kinda wierd, like the grass and mushrooms. Maybe change the color on the trees too, they dont seem to have the right lighting. The hills in background are awsome, it looks natural (besides foreground). Also good job on moon, some people would disagree but it looks cool like that. The hills in background on right side seem to get lost in the fog, i dont know if thats cuz there too far away or its too foggy.

Level 19
The view distance is kinda too short, I suggest make the trees in the background smaller than those in the foreground in order to create a distance feeling. You also should tint the trees moar, so that they get a color that fits to the rest of the image. And the REAL moon doesn't realy look like a glowing ball, but it's kinda hard to make anything better in warcraft III, so it's okay I guess. :p Overall, it's simple, but not bad. I like the atmosphere. +rep

Level 10
Yeah i thought first pic was better, you could see more of the background. Your grass still looks bad also, try making the ground more bumby, scale your rocks larger and, try replacing those mushrooms and flowers with more substantial bushes. Try using one of those trees and holding Ctrl + page down to make it look like a bush.

Level 5
It looks like you people at hive think that placing much doodads would replace tile-variations or make it less important. But it doesnt.
the last update made it less varied and more boring, because now there is only grass what you can see, no shrubs, no rocks, no dirt. change it!

Level 3
Looks nice and all, but it seems a bit messy.

What do u mean?

It looks like you people at hive think that placing much doodads would replace tile-variations or make it less important. But it doesnt.
the last update made it less varied and more boring, because now there is only grass what you can see, no shrubs, no rocks, no dirt. change it!

Okay, thanks. :) +rep for the tip.

The grass looks way to spammed. Otherwise it's not that bad.

Without the grassspam it's simly empty, sorry.

Level 19
Maybe you can tint some shrub variation 1 models into the same color as the grass, and place them in the terrain to create more variation in the grass. Also I think the grass should be shorter. And the trees should be taller. To make trees taller, double click on the tree model and change its Z value to for instance 10-15 points higher than its X and Y value. That always works for me. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.