• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Moonlight"

How good is this terrain?

• 5 out of 5, it's just awesome.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 4 out of 5, it's pretty damn nice.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • 3 out of 5, it's good.

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • 2 out of 5, it's lacking...

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 1 out of 5, it SUCKS.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This is my campaign screen for a campaign titled Moonlight, although it will most likely never be completed.
If you aren't going to comment, please at least rate it! :thumbs_up:

Edit: The moon is made out of about 50 fog doodads in a big pile >_>

Attachments

• CampScreen.jpg
    CampScreen.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 316
Level 11
pretty sure shes there for a reason... i just say dif team color or maybe if possible a dif skin, not a radical dif skin, but something that makes her stand out more.

also didn't notice "50 doodads" makes up moon, looks rly good mind telling me what kind of doodads are in it, cause i suck at terrain.

Level 36
It's under cinematic, and it's Fog. I tinted it all white instead of the default 50/50/75 tint, and there are actually 26 -- 25 sized at 60 and one (the glow) sized at something like 120.

Trees need to be a tad bigger it seems

You mean like the trees in WoW? Trees are not that big in real life. They are usually more like 20 feet high. Maybe I could get by with these being around 15 feet by saying it's a high mountain altitude ;)

Level 34
Those trees are pretty small. New growth forest right? lol

You use of background mountains has improved a lot! You're getting really good at it.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I don't know... the ranger seems a bit out of proportion with the trees. Either make her smaller or them bigger.

Also seeing that you used a quick shift to black fog, to make the back hills awesome, you might want to consider either regional or doodad fog for the front (to give it's atmosphere a bit more feeling and not let it look empty).

Level 36
I don't know... the ranger seems a bit out of proportion with the trees. Either make her smaller or them bigger.

Also seeing that you used a quick shift to black fog, to make the back hills awesome, you might want to consider either regional or doodad fog for the front (to give it's atmosphere a bit more feeling and not let it look empty).

I didn't know about the fog doodad when I made this terrain. Sadly, at 0 tint the fog doodad doesn't make stuff darker it is just invisible.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I liked the idea, rated 3/5.
Either the trees are too small or the ranger is too big. The terrain looks ok, although the background could use more work (texture variation). Also, you should not always use rock for cliffs, try to vary with other types of rocks.

As for the moon, which is, apparently, the main idea, it looks weird somewhat. There's a white square which is easily spotted by looking at it.
The combination with the Felwood sky was a good idea, though.

Level 36
I liked the idea, rated 3/5.
Either the trees are too small or the ranger is too big. The terrain looks ok, although the background could use more work (texture variation). Also, you should not always use rock for cliffs, try to vary with other types of rocks.

As for the moon, which is, apparently, the main idea, it looks weird somewhat. There's a white square which is easily spotted by looking at it.
The combination with the Felwood sky was a good idea, though.

I don't see a white square anywhere...?

Status
Not open for further replies.