• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dung Beetle's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay, in hopes that I will become more interested in Terraining again and finish the UTM I decided to post some of my stuff to revive the ol' terraining spirit. I looked at some of my old stuff and most of its pretty bad considering how far I and other terrainers have progressed so my gallery is gonna come up a bit short probally. Anyway, here it is...

12/19/07
1-2 Are just some experiments with spamming doodads, supposed to be a mushroom cavern, I have to admit it dosen't look to good in the picture but in-editor/game the glowing effect that all the mushrooms have adds a nice touch.
3 Some valley, made for a contest involving fog.
4 Start of a chain of isles, supposed to be based off of Golden Sun's Lemuria.
5 Some big demonic portal in outlands.
6 Overheard of a painfully perfect map of middle-earth. The intent is to make a playable map that will have the same quality level as some of the better terrain found in this forum.
7 Azshara terrain, done for a Wc3C WT
12/26/07
8 Kind of old, was experimenting with mostly spell effects as doodads. Looks much better in motion, not a very good shot as it is.
9 Something I made today, was experimenting with backwards fog, maybe someone can put this idea to good use? I didn't get the effect I wanted.
10 Something really old made out of castle wall spam.
11 Experimenting with doodad spam. It's not much but the colors and textures are very nice. Something I might expand upon.
12 Meh so-so rainy/ruined village.
--New-- 12/30/07
13 Plain but got the effect I wanted, could probally be expanded upon.
14 Simple forest road.
15 Icey waters... I don't like the lighting but with how the fog works there's no way to fix it.
16 A kingdom come to ruins, wanted a very bare feel.
--New-- 2/10/08
17 Primitive clan people in their rock town.
18 Fiery gate based upon transition from Burning Steppes to Redridge Mountains.
19 For Wc3C's WT-68, a resurrection theme, carried by a revolution of the mind through contemplation.
20 Mountain Path, an attempt to create mountains that seem very distant.

Attachments

• Mushroom Cave 01.jpg
    Mushroom Cave 01.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 355
  • Mushroom Cave 04.jpg
    Mushroom Cave 04.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Fog 1.jpg
    Fog 1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 357
  • Lemuria 01.jpg
    Lemuria 01.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 319
  • Portal 01.jpg
    Portal 01.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Middle-Earth.jpg
    Middle-Earth.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Azshara 01.jpg
    Azshara 01.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 276
  • Earth Temple 01.jpg
    Earth Temple 01.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Field.jpg
    Field.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Human Fort 01.jpg
    Human Fort 01.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 246
  • Outland 01.jpg
    Outland 01.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 226
  • Rainy Village 01.jpg
    Rainy Village 01.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 246
  • Portal 02.jpg
    Portal 02.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Valley.jpg
    Valley.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Ice.jpg
    Ice.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Barren.jpg
    Barren.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Rock Town.jpg
    Rock Town.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Gate.jpg
    Gate.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Contemplate.jpg
    Contemplate.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Mountain Path.jpg
    Mountain Path.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Level 12
Not bad,although i think youve overdid it a bit with the floating rocks in screen #5.I love what you did with those crystals tho.

Level 34
Here goes.

1. As you said, this doesn't come out all that great. The far back wall is what makes it ugly IMO. The other mushrooms look fine.

2. Much better, but mass shrooms isn't all that pretty. There is a perfectly horizontal mushroom. On the right.

3. I like it, but the fog could have been done better. It looks splotchy and weird. Try fixing it if you still have the terrain.

4. The island is awesome IMO. The water is too blue, you should have chosen a better environment. (The water color depends on the initial tiles set chosen) You need to add more islands in the background, it's much too plain.

5. An okay terrain. The mass floating rocks does look bad, and the whole atmosphere could be better. Not an easy terrain to do though. A thick fog would make it a lot better.

6. Nice layout? Don't know what to say. Don't post these?!

7. Your best by far. A very good piece of work! Well done, this one gives you rep!

+rep

Level 34
I like the one of spikes. It's creative.

The stone henge/pillars one was a cool idea, but the atmosphere just didn't come out right. Close, but no cigar.

The last one is a good solid terrain.

Level 34
I like them all! The gate one is a bit bland around the gate. I guess that's to draw the eye to what's important, but it's kind of ugly.

The ice one seems bland as well. No atmosphere. The last one is the best of the new ones. I like the use of stumps, don't see that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.