• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monster Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster Master:Rise of Nine

EDIT:This post has been labeled stagnant please go here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...r-master-rise-nine-heroes-vs-army-map-149314/ for the updated version. Monster Master:Rise of Nine
There's a new map in production and it plans to be a great team based RPG. The game is based on player reactions so instead of an AI reaction from the main enemy, this game places the main enemy in the control of a player. This is going to require a lot of balance but I can handle it. I am revealing this project to the public because I am working very hard to finish it. Let me reveal what it is.

Dev Team
----------
Mouse(A.K.A lightning brigade that's me: Lead Developer)
Fire.Troll: Senior Editor
Ghoulrush:Main writer
If anyone wants to apply for the dev team please say so and tell me your skills as well.

Story
-----------
There is an evil lich who rules an ever expanding kingdom. His empire stretches far and wide, occupying more than three quarters of a continent. He has ruled for over 200 years and if another 200 should pass he will surely rule half the world. Unfortunately for this powerful lich, there is a prophecy, it prophecizes that the lich should fall under the fist of nine powerful heroes should he engage them in combat under certain conditions. Upon hearing this the lich knew he must amass an army and conquer much in order to prevent the day the heroes should arise to overthrow his throne and grant the kingdom freedom from his power. The lich became known as the Monster Master. Should the heroes emerge victorious from their epic struggle they will have overthrown the most devious ruler in all of the history of their world. Then their souls shall rest until they are once again in time of need and their deeds will disperse into legend....

Should the Prophecy stay the same?
--------------------------------------
Although I will not put the full prophecy into the game(although I may put it online in the writing section or somewhere else on this forum). However, I will put a piece of the prophecy in the loading screen. Please give feedback on the prophecy and I will decide whether to keep it or change it up.

"As the moonlight shines again the king of creatures commands, and as the sun grows bright the emperor of evil radiates his incredible glow. He has power beyond reason and cunning fit to a fox or a snake, but all things must come to a halt, all things stop, nine will arise, and they will go unannounced and put an end to the monstrousness abound. Then he the evil will be ever more wary but some can't be said for sure, the monster master's kingdom will fall just as he had risen up. Gone for ever more."

Screenshots
-----------
WC3ScrnShot_110409_212815_04.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110409_212817_05.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110409_213021_06.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110409_212510_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110509_210607_05.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110509_205137_04.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_110509_203337_02.jpg

My game has these bosses as of yet and I aim for at least 15.
Bosses
-----------
-Mastermind
-Telemage
-Zarangar Arena Team
-Fire Demon Lord(secret boss)

These fights will not be explained until the game is further in production.
However, I will now implement some boss lore. The lore is taken directly from the lore system implemented in the game for the monster master.

Lore system
----------------------
Adalon had always been interested in studying the criminal mind. Although born to hard times, Adalon was gifted with incremental intelligence. At the age of 17 he joined the Urman-Yuka bandits known as the Shadow Thieves. This was the beginning of Adalon's legacy.
As the years went by Adalon became more and more adept at theft and pillage. One day on a warm summer's day, the leader of the shadow thieves was locked in battle with several regional defenders. Adalon saw his leader's plight and rushed to help him. But during the fight the leader had become seriously hurt. As they returned to the hideout the leader of the bandits realized he had little time left.
After several days of the leader suffering from his wound, he finally approached his deathbed. He asked every bandit to gather round, and announced that Adalon would be his successor. No one had any qualms as Adalon was by far the most brilliant of the bandits. Adalon would be the bandit's first mastermind.
Adalon directed the bandits as they had never done before. His plans were amazing and it made the bandits incredibly powerful and wealthy. His underlings dubbed him the "schememaster" as he always had a brilliant plan. But misfortune struck, and the hideout was raided by a young and eager captain of the elven guard. At least thirty bandits were killed, and the ones that escaped disbanded. The shadow thieves were no more.
Production progress
Adalon was now in his early thirties, and decided he would form yet another group of bandits. They called themselves Yukirians and they were powerful under the mastermind's rule. Then the monster master came to him.
The monster master spoke to him, and told Adalon that he was Kalavarzarthas and that he wanted Adalon to lead the Yukirians in his name. Adalon saw this as a chance to grow his armies and become even wealthier. For years Adalon has served the monster master's armies. He is powerful and his hideout is your first line of defense for anyone wishing to conquer the monster master.

Extras
---------------
The Full Prophecy: I found the Rise of Nine prophecy (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ncept-creation-291/rise-nine-prophecy-149231/) on my Computer and I'd like to share it with you. Check it out and give feedback.

project development progress

Terraining |||||||||
Triggers |||||||||||
Bosses ||||||||||
Units ||||||||||||||||||
Other |||||||||||

In order for the main idea look in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/monster-master-feedback-145030/ it has the main concept idea.

The game is still very early in production but, as always, I am planning sixty steps ahead. Any help to speed along the process is appreciated especially since I'm not so great on JASS.

I will be updating this page frequently to match my progress as long as everyone keeps giving ideas and feedback.
By all means give me feedback on the game, I really want some fresh ideas in my game. Also do not be shy to apply for the dev team I could use a little help making this game after all.

Last edited:
Level 9
I know that the project is still in its early stage but maybe posting some screenshots of the terrain you have made so far would interest more people. You can update it whenever you have made some progress. You could probably for the moment add some descriptions/background story about the bosses you mentioned. And also I suggest merging with this thread the one that you posted on Ideas Factory..As for the feedbacks, don't worry they would come..Just do what you have to do and don't forget to update regularly so that people would have a better understanding of what the project's all about..Goodluck..

Level 8
Well, no so much discription, but quiet okay. Will look ahead.

A little hint for you: Monster Master RPG
Maybe you should change the name, but it's your choise.

~Nurga

just got home from school adding story now. It should interest people as for monster master RPG I had the idea first just couldn't put into practice because I though I'd need TFT. I could name something different. Maybe, Monster Master:
Rise of Nine.... perfect I'll do that in a moment when I open the map. Also: About screenies I planned to put them in but my laptop with wc3 on it has prnt scrn on the f11 key are their any alternatives for taking pics?

Okay so I added some new stuff like boss lore. If people could post their Ideas/feedback that would be pretty cool and helpful.
I just added pics and will be adding more soon. Would people please comment and give suggestions? I think you'll find more cool stuff you might like.

Last edited:
Thx man I use a terrain style called rooms which basically means the entire map is raised and the rooms are little indents in the raised terrain. I use rooms for several reasons. A. the rooms are the only way the sort out the hordes of creeps the MM player controls. B. It's simpler and smaller to make than most terrain styles. But yeah I do think doodads are a good idea. I'll have to add them sooner or later, it would add a good feel to many rooms.

Level 6
Are you looking for additional story writing?

I am out of projects, and am looking for something to be creative with. I have multiple references and examples of my work if you need them.

exactly why I had the stop well no I stopped because I probably didn't know enough about triggers(Fire.Troll will do the terrain sometime later) so I decided to finish a few maps that have been about 80% complete for like 2 months. Don't worry, this project can definitely still happen, there's no way I will give up the project that I went through so much trouble to develop. I might change it an ORPG(although that might be kinda stupid). As for the terrain that's basically a raised terrain with little boxes called rooms. It really a very simple way of terraining but I'd like to make it better. If I rework this I'd rather have a team behind me and I'd like to have big action from the resistance rather than small action. I think I have the right idea but I have to redo the terrain a little and the game needs to have more twists.

Status
Not open for further replies.