• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models for my Cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey Everyone !

I'm again working on my cinematics The Lone Footman, after getting accustomed to a new school. I've now learned modelling and am busily making models for my project, including a very detailed glue screen.

Basically, I'm remaking the first part, and then working on 2 or three follow ups to it. Then I'll compile them into a campaign with the glue screen I'm making. I'm just gonna share some screenshots of all the models I've made so far, but won't actually upload them on the site, because they're really high poly (well most of them), and I don't really want to lower the poly count, way too busy :bored:

If you do want one however, I can send it to you. They're all in ms3d format, and many use ingame textures.
Please, critique these, I want to improve them as much as possible.
Thanks very much!!!

I'll add to this thread as I make new ones :wink:
Just so you know, Milkshape doesn't display texture transparency, so anything that should be glass is transparent in wc3.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so sorry if it isn't :sad:

In order of appearance
- Bookshelf (books use custom texture)
- Candle and Candle Holder (ingame only, has an anim)
- Chair (ingame only)
- Magnifying Glass (ingame only)
- Stack of paper (custom texture)
- Large Mahogany Desk (ingame only)
- Sand Timer (ingame only)
- Tome (mostly custom textures, anims and has turnable pages)
- Impaling Trap (custom texture)
- Gothic Church Window (custom texture)

And not to forget, thank you very much to EvilCrizpy and Robot Dude for their expertise and support with modelling and animating ^^
Thanks also to DevineArmy and Varsaigen, who have over the past few weeks helped me a lot, giving me tips on how to improve the models, and how to regroup all the faces and correctly map the textures.

Attachments

• Bookshelf.jpg
    Bookshelf.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Candle Holder.jpg
    Candle Holder.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Chair.jpg
    Chair.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 163
  • Mag Glass.jpg
    Mag Glass.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 127
  • Paper.jpg
    Paper.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Table.jpg
    Table.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Timer.jpg
    Timer.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Tome.jpg
    Tome.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 120
  • Impaler.jpg
    Impaler.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Stone Gothic Window.jpg
    Stone Gothic Window.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Coat of Arms - Armour.jpg
    Coat of Arms - Armour.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 12
oh, these are high poly D:
the book case alone is 500 polies.

some of these are doodads, but most of em are actually for my glue screen ^^

I'm pretty new to the modelling scene, so I'm keeping to low profile stuff first, I'll work my way up to complicated stuff as I go.
And the book texture, its not burned, maybe a little stretched though (its custom).
And yes, the leather texture is indeed very stretched :p
I can't find a good leather texture to use, I want to keep it ingame :/

Status
Not open for further replies.