• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Models and what animations they use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
When people upload models they should be required to post what animations the model uses. Too often the uploader doesn't mention it. Lately I've looked through and downloaded several models which look good but I only hoped they had custom animations. It would've saved time if that information was stated at the download page.

Currently the model details are:
Type: Unit
Category: World of Warcraft, Goblin, Creep, Cartoon
Model-ID yl16v4

Why not make it:
Type: Unit
Category: World of Warcraft, Goblin, Creep, Cartoon
Model-ID yl16v4
Animations: xxxx

You could then specify if they are custom or Blademaster/Arthas/whatever.

Level 15
I suppose it would have to be up to the ppl that submit them to enter what kind of anims their model has

180145-albums3874-picture36125.jpg
Maybe put another menu in here under model type.

Level 9
Why would you care if they're custom or in-game animations? The model works and looks great, what else do you need? :O
Not all custom animations are that great either.

hmm, sometimes you need to know the animations to match the theme of the map or something, do you want the animations to be cool for your map or do you want lousy animations for laughs? It will be so hard for the downloader to check and check and download and download to see the animations

Status
Not open for further replies.