• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models and sounds, frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have downloaded two models for one of my maps, Pistoleir Pistolier - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site and Pikeman http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=47469&prev=search=pikeman&d=list&r=20.
I like the models a lot, however, I have a problem. I made two custom units that are supposed to be the pistoleir and the pikeman. I changed the Rifleman's model to pistoleir, and footman's model to pikeman, the only thing I have changed besides the models are HP, defense base, scaling value and damage/damage speed.
Animations and stuff work fine, though there are some problems with the sounds. For example, when the pistoleir fires/attacks, there is no gun sound like the rifleman's! This is especially odd, since I can hear the pikeman's sword when he attacks, both of them don't give any sound when they are dead. Why is this? Shouldn't the sounds work fine, since I after all didn't edit them?

Level 9
Thats because the sounds is included in the model. When the unit do the attack animation, the model will tell warcraft to play the attack sound.

But the creator of the model didnt include any sounds to his model, so you have to trigger the sounds, or get someone to add sound to your model

Level 4
Ok thanks. :)

By the way, just in case:
Could someone try out one or both of the models that I linked to? Would be really appreciated! (+rep :wink:)

Level 4
Wait... What?
So you guys get a sound when the pistolier shoots? And you get sounds when the pistolier or pikeman dies, without adding triggers? If you do, I think it's odd because I have done everything correct and I've written the correct paths etc...

Level 4
I'll just add that there is another problem I have, my hero's spells are a bit disorganized. I'll upload the map and the picture of the disorganized spell problem. Maybe someone can figure out what's wrong with that and the custom models I imported.

Here's the pic:

Download the map below.
- Thanks.

Edit: reuploaded the map due to a problem.

Attachments

• Model problem.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Level 4
Go to the ability editor and look for Art-Button position. Change them and the ability button locations will change.

Level 4
I'll "View" your map if you want me to. What exactly do I do? Just look over it or?

Look at the imported files, check if there is something I've done wrong with the paths, check the custom units that I have attached the models to, etc. Just try to find out why my Pistolier's attack doesn't make any sound, and why the Pistolier and Pikeman's deaths don't make them give a death sound or something.

Level 19
Simply model maker didnt put a sound event for attack and sound event for death
just pm them to put sound events or read tutorials on how to (Id like to explain but Im not experinced with event nodes in model editing)

anyway my point is this is about modelling so you should better ask in model editing or PM any modeller...

Level 4
Simply model maker didnt put a sound event for attack and sound event for death
just pm them to put sound events or read tutorials on how to (Id like to explain but Im not experinced with event nodes in model editing)

anyway my point is this is about modelling so you should better ask in model editing or PM any modeller...

Yeah, I know that, but the reason to why I am still asking and that I don't conclude with that the model "probably" doesn't have any sound events is because two people said that it worked fine:

the models work out fine. I see no problem. If you see wut meka said then youll know wut u did wrong. Also i tried both.

I tried them out and they work fine for me

So I'd appreciate if someone would test the two models themselves first, and then check out my map in post #7 in this thread! :wink:

Level 19
they said model works fine which means they have seen it on the map
Anyway Testing........
I also dont hear any attack sound but it has events...
figuring out in 1-2-3.. poof
yup just as I thought Event timings are misplaced so it doenst play sounds
and the reason of it is this unit has Riffleman sound events but Blood Mage animations

Level 19
okay now open model with War3 Model Editor
Open Node manager and sequence manager
You see "Camera" shaped icons in node manager and they are events
double click on them on top you see a number like 76355 its the timing of that event
And bellow it says something like Riffleman Attack Sound (not exact its "something like")
Now from sequence manager look at the Attack 1 for example
in middle it has 2 numbers first is animation start time second is end time
now you should figure the attack time from them (for example start is 9000 and end is 9500 then it fired around 9250)
Go back to the node event which fires Riffleman Attack sound and rightclick to numbers field say add and put the attack time
do same for death etc

Status
Not open for further replies.