• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Problem] Playing Sound via dummy: Big Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
!olleH
I'm having problem when trying playing sounds with dummy.
The basic method i used is using dummy to cast a dummy spell which will have the effect sound i wanted (Impoted)
Some of them works fine, in fact, just one sound being a troll. I tried times to times with ways to ways such as replace the existing sound of attack animation (Rifleman), replace Gyrocopter Death animation and give dummy the Gyrocopter's sound set... etc
Nothing works, but it seems not the sound problem since i tried to change another sound, it has the same problem (not working)

Any suggestions here? I appriciate them alot :goblin_cry:
=================> No ask, no gain <==================
Is now my motto you know :ogre_haosis:
Thanks for advance

Level 4
It should just be a matter of importing the sound and changing the name of the filepath of the imported sound to the rifleman attack sound if I understood what you wanted correctly.

Here is a quick test map that demonstrates what I mean. Rifleman attack sound is replaced with thunderclap.

Attachments

• Rifleman Sound.w3m
    74.2 KB · Views: 44
Level 4
I think I see what you mean; I imported the sound and attempted to overwrite the file-paths but the sound would not play. I suspect this is because wc3 isn't using it as a 3d sound. Wc3 would not let me check box the option in the sound editor regardless of which channel I selected. A 3d sound flag would be necessary since the rifleman inhabits a specific location.

Level 9
I don't know what "mono" means
I got this sound from a website. the 2nd one is from a FPS game
Both of them doesn't work
"Stereo" means using the stereo to record the gun sound? :p - I'm a noob in english vocabulary

Striker's Status: Food Hunger... Answer Seeker.... Destroyer... lamer... spammer...

Level 4
Stereo means two channels as in a seperate right channel and a seperate left channel for different speakers. Mono is just one channel.

Wc3's engine only utilizes 1 channel I think.

To convert this sound file to mono, you need to get a sound editing program like audacity.

Level 9
Arrgg... I tried to convert it to mono sound like you said, but still no achivement else than the bad headache while listening the "Bang Bang" sound - lol
~~> help is still needed here please
EDIT: I used "Cool Edit Pro 2.1" software to convert it. (Deleting one side of stereo, right? )

Level 4
(Deleting one side of stereo, right? )

That is not how you do it. If you have 2 speakers, in theory the sound would only play out of one (if the game supports stereo).

Here, I used audacity to convert it to mono: See this link for how to convert stereo sounds to mono sounds: http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36701&start=0
Here is a link I found with instructions for using cool edit pro to do this: http://www.ehow.com/how_6805873_convert-audio-file-stereo-file.html

Attached a map with the imported mono sound for 1 of the 2 rifleman attack sounds. Your sound plays correctly.

Attachments

• Rifleman Sound.w3m
    99.4 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.