• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability's Sound Effect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Heloes Hive Workshop

I have a curious problem. I can't manage to make a skill have a sound effect. That is, I need two: a dummy skill existing only for my unit's attack animation (based on Item - Fire Attack, has only Graphics - Special and Sound - Sound Effect) and the other is.. it's complicated. All y'all need to know is it's a stun supposed to look like Group Teleport and making such sounds. The first skill should have a sound like Druid of the Talon's attack launch sound.

The problem is, neither of the sounds work. Do I do something wrong?

Level 6
I wanted to, but triggering sounds is kinda buged. Teleportations doesn't work at all, Druif of the Talon's missile launch sometimes doesn'y fire off.

Level 30
If this happens, it might now be a problem in MPQ file. First thing to do is play it in inside of MPQ (make sure you have a sound file opener) by opening of course War3.MPQ of course with an MPQ Opener. You can use Model Editor for a simple thing as that or maybe MPQ Programs there. Now if you played it and gave an error, it is most likely corrupted and if it plays, your sound file has really a weird problem I must say.

Good luck on finding out your problem! :cgrin:

Level 23
Could you show us how you did your spell so that maybe we could find out what's happening? Imo, you didn't give a clear enough description about what you want to do/what you did.

It's either the sfx is showed and destroyed too fast that the sound could not be played or it would be what hell_master said, a corrupted mpq (Unlikely but still possible).

Level 4
If everything looks ok with the mpq and you don't wanna trigger it, consider opening the .mdx of whatever spell you're working with (if its a dummy, you can use a dummy.mdx) via model editor and open the node manager. Here you can see what / any sound effects are coupled with the model. You can also change or delete any such sound effect here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.