• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] 3d Sound not playing on unit and location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
  • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
  • Set tempLoc = (Position of Caster)
  • Set tempGroup = (Units within 200.00 of tempLoc matching (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))
  • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Hostile at tempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
  • Sound - Play ImpaleHit <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Last created unit)
  • -------------------------------------------------------
I am using sound ImpaleHit from sound manager, I didn't edit anything in it, its set to 3d yet when I try to play this sound on dummy or tempLoc I can't hear any impale sound. Why is that?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Do you play any other sounds around that same time? I'm pretty sure only 1 sound can be played at the same time when creating sounds with triggers. And after testing it, it seems like playing 2 or more sounds at around the same time causes ALL of the sounds to stop playing.

Anyway, I attached a map with a neat little setup you can use for playing sounds. It's probably not the best solution but if you're already going to use a dummy unit anyway then i'm sure it's fine.

I create a dummy unit and order it to cast either Locust Swarm or Windwalk. The Locust Swarm ability is for Looping Sounds and the Windwalk ability is for One Shot Sounds.

You can copy and paste these abilities and set your own Effect Sounds. Also change the duration of Locust Swarm to be however long you want the Looping Sound to play.

Note: Locust Swarm was the only instant-channeling ability that I could find that would play a Looping Sound. If you know of another one you can use that ability instead.

Attachments

• Sound Test.w3x
    24.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Level 12
I'm pretty sure only 1 sound can be played at the same time when creating sounds with triggers. And after testing it, it seems like playing 2 or more sounds at around the same time causes ALL of the sounds to stop playing.
Unless somethings changed with recent patches, you can't play "same sound" multiple times. Also attempting to play a sound for second time while first one is not finished was doing nothing instead of stop first sound playing.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Unless somethings changed with recent patches, you can't play "same sound" multiple times. Also attempting to play a sound for second time while first one is not finished was doing nothing instead of stop first sound playing.
It stops the first sound (maybe a bug with 1.31). I just tested again using a 3d sound. When I play it once -> it works. When I play it again before the first sound finishes -> both sounds stop and you can't play that sound again until the sound "finishes" playing (even though it's muted).

Level 23
  • sound.gif
    Sound - Play ImpaleHit <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Last created unit)
This action plays a sound that is already attached. Before this line, you need to attach the sound to the position (in this case, last created unit).
I think the action is something like: Sound- Attach sound to ABC.
Then, you use that action you have written there, and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.