• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Modelling contest: Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, anyways, i was in chat, talking about modelling and me and anarchianbedlam were talking about making tank models and i thought having a tank modelling contest will be really nice.

tanks have relatively simple bones and simple anims. and even those who can animate tehmselves can learn to geomerge and rigg parts on to existing ingame models

this means anyone can join in and show us their ideas and creativity without being restricted due to their animating capabilities. and we wont have as many people dropping half way because their anims were not done on time

so what do you say? a tank contest after the attachment contest?

Level 15
perhaps tanks is a little too specific unless it includes things like mechs and robots or something. but certainly is a great idea and would love to participate as i kinda suck at animating things other than bugs.

also i like the idea of an attachment theme as it gives us aspiring modelers a chance against the veterans, but y'know.

Level 26
Hrmm... I have 2 suggestions

1. why not make it "SIEGE UNITS" that would encompass tanks as a whole, and if you really wanted, you could fit an organic unit in there too. (like a kodo cannon or somethan)

2. IF everyone is going to bitch about how there are too many tanks on the hive... why not make an aircraft contest? there are hardly any planes in the model section. Of you could expand it to "Air Units" that would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.