1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modelling & Animation Mini-Contests ~ Less Is More ~ The Results

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Pharaoh_, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

I loved the idea behind WhiteDeath's, but the legs & the gun throw me from being able to use it much. The 'mech-suit' angle is great, though.

2. Cakedog345

Cakedog345

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think this is a healthy thread.
    It's good that people still argue and support their opinions(means they still care and don't give up, are fighters).
    Congratulations to the participants!
    They did a great job, imo, and only the fact that they participated (spent some of their free time) is great.
    Don't want to offend anyone, but i think one of the important features of the jury is to be as objective as possible. The feeling of being wronged, discourage, or rather decreases people's interest to participate in contests.
    That said, i'm not good at modeling but, if i were in SuPa's shoes, probably would have reacted the same.
    Off topic: glad to see Pyramidhe@d around. :)

3. Khil

Khil

Resources:
    Resources:
    - Well, i'm just pass through and see this topic accidentally. Then i try to test both model with my experience and check back to the review at page 1st again. And you have your own shoes , Supa.
    - Honestly, my opinion is not matter here. May be next time we can made a quick youtube video which review every model of the contest for each judge. For example here we'll have two videos, each video review 6 models.
    - You know, youtube is free and people can even vote with the like/ dislike.
    - If anyone have further question about my opinion , feel free to pm me. Since i dont want to push any conflict here.

4. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    jesus so much drama on a mini modeling contest

5. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ^Yeah, Can't wait to see what happens with the full-on Modelling Contest... Speaking of which, hey Pharaoh, when's the ETA for that one? :p

6. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    you don't look as cool as you might have expected complaining about it.

all contests in THW have no prize, but all contestants expect fairness and coherency on the results, and discussing about it is legitimate. so please don't try to make everyone appear ridiculous with your insolence.