• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling contest ideas poll

Choose your favourite theme for the next modeling contest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Music related looks retarded, completely useless models.

oh comeone MM
image008.jpg
those drummers would be perfect for your maps ^^

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Music related looks retarded, completely useless models.
Bah, what are you talking about? If someone was making a custom race (or modifying an existing one), a music-based unit would be teh pwn.

Think of it; a Human trumpeter, or a Night Elf with a mini-Horn-of-Cenarius, or a Troll with a pair of bongos: all of these could have, like, an aura that boosts nearby troops. Or, it could allow you greater control over units under it's affect (+MS/AS, faster Turn rate, less likely to get Stunned, etc).

(Oh wait, that's what the Orc Kodo Beast does... Curses!!)

~~~

Anyway, what's up with the poll? Some of the options have been corrupted.

Lioness' Poll said:
Female versions of existing warcraft units
modern buildings
Music related hero/bard
Demigod
Morphing units

1. Why not just "Female units"? That way, you can have geomergers/editers (female versions), and more advanced modellers (actual Female hero/units)
2. "Modern" buildings? Don't we have enough of that? This would be cooler if it was just "racial buildings" (like an Undead Apothecary (chem-building), or a Troll Jungle House, or a Human Bastion (mini-Castle/Barracks)... etc)
3. No way; it's gotta be Hero or Unit; it's hecka more likely that people will need/want a musical unit than hero (though Heroes should be in there, too).
4. ...
5. ...
6. What happened to a "5th hero/Tavern Hero" idea? Saving that for a full-on "THW Hero Contest"? :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
What's more to say? With that kind of truncated, seemingly-baseless opinion, there's nothing to discuss or debate against.

Personally, I love creating heroes and things like that. The Hero Contests over at Wc3C are easily my favorite contests of all; they build so much support for the community, have loads of entries, and (very importantly) increase the amount of resources (which, usually, is the point. That, and competing to see who can create the best Artwork/Code/Design).

So I think it's not stupid. But since you didn't give me much to go on, I tried to get you to elucidate with an opener ("O Rly?")

--EDIT--
Also, I was wrong; we would be creating the 9th Tavern hero, or the 5th racial hero. My bad.

Music related models being useless (except for the lulz), also would require custom animations, and here 95% ppl who model can't animate and we don't want 10 versions of rocking arthas. For the female models we could narrow the theme, so it would become female mage/sorceress, warrioress, female villager/worker, etc Morphing sounds fun, but also is focusing heavily on animations.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
So wait, it's decided already? Was there some sort of deadline? :p

Mechanical Man said:
Dragons? Gnolls? Wildkin?
Of course, the "chestal region" goes without saying for all of these. Same with "smoother/less muscle tone". Specifically, though:
Dragons: Less spikes, feminine snout/eyes. --> look at Pyritie's art.
Gnolls: Easy. Gnolls are basically "Hyena Men", right? So make a female Hyena (less scruffy, no coarse fur). Basically --> look at Werewulf's old art/icons (or Snickers, as I think she's called, now :p)
Wildkin: Hmm, harder, but not undoable. It's an owl + bear, but with more of a tan hide than a bear's russet fur. Meh, do some kind of snow owl; obviously, make it look more feminine than "gryphon-man-RAAWRG".
Or, some kind of enraged chicken. --> see Blaziken :p

Level 11
Well now, for female dragons, look at Alexstrasza. Or don't. I might just do that cuz nothing else would seem too fun, except maybe a female ogre. Only, i wouldnt want anyone to find the female ogre model if they were on my computer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.