• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #34 - Theme Poll

Potential Participants ONLY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone may contribute to the discussion, but please do not vote if you won't join the contest.
You may erase your votes after they're cast by clicking Change Vote.

Abomination
  • Create a unit or structure sewn together from distinct parts.

Asian Mythology

Elemental Trials
  • Create a unit or structure that exemplifies an element of your choice.

Festive
  • Father Christmas is back in town! Create a unit or structure to fit the Christmas season.

Food War
  • Bring delicacies to life! Create a unit or structure made of food.

Haunted
  • Hone your witchcraft and create the horror that haunts your darkest dreams.

Infection
  • Create a unit or structure designed to infect the unknowing masses.

Mayhem
  • Create a unit or structure bent on explosive destruction.

Seven Seas
  • Create a unit or structure at home at sea. This includes deep sea monsters, sea gods, merfolk, buccaneers, sailors, and everything in between.

Technomagic
  • Create a unit or structure that has both magical and mechanical elements.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Always love to see Elementals, though I am also very interested to see what Asian Mythology inspiration could bring to the table (Warcraft being so full of European & Greek myth stuff). Haunted/Mayhem/Infection/Abomination are all decent runner-ups.

Lookin' forward to another Modeling Contest no matter what. : )

loktar and The_Silent are correct.
i'd join if it was a theme that i like but my own vote won't be enough to change the current leading vote and i don't know if anyone else is gonna vote
so i guess i'm not voting
I doubt there'd be any votes if every modeler scared themselves into not voting. ;)

@handclaw would be nice to have you. :)

i'd join if it was a theme that i like but my own vote won't be enough to change the current leading vote and i don't know if anyone else is gonna vote
so i guess i'm not voting

In the past we've had theme polls decided almost entirely by people who would never participate. This lead to contests with themes none of the actually participants were happy with, and which probably discouraged a lot who could have participated, from doing so. So the wording is there for a reason. So if you have any inkling of joining, please do vote. The wording is not meant to scare potential participants away, but to ensure that the people deciding the theme is the people interested in joining the competition.

Terribly sorry on my part. Skimmed the thread late at night and missed the participant only part :sad:

If I happen to have time AND good idea, I might think about it, but given I was unable to make my own models ingame ready...

Don't worry about it. You should vote if there is any chance of you participating, which it sounds like there is from your wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.