• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Modeling comp #5 suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
There seems to be a common problem with the modeling contests: People dont often finish their entry.

Ways to reduce this problem:

• Easier requirement
  • Allow cumulative entries
  • Less work to do overall

My suggestion is to do something with a lower basic requirement, such as a Doodad, or attachment. Then people can at least create something quick and easy. They can expand on it for better success with animation, custom texture, even additional models.

How about the theme be a new neutral struture. They are invulnerable in melee, so only require a minimum of stand anim. Entrants can expand on this by adding additional features, such as full building anims, custom texture (though encourage using some ingame textures directly).

Additionally, entrants could go beyond their structure by providing custom splats, pathing, shadow, SFX, even some unit models that are related to its purpose (shop/merc camp).

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

We did buildings, two entrants.

We did model packs, three entrants.

I suppose defeating the animations as a requirement would make many people join, lets see what others think.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

How about I pick a tileset as a theme, for example Outland, and the people have to make a Neutral Structure (minimum) and can make as many other fitting doodads as they would like?

And for the heck of it I think it would be fun to make it only in game textures, that way neither animation or texturing skills are needed for this contest, pure modeling.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Because that poses a challenge. Forces people to get creative with the in game textures.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

If nobody poses a better idea or a logical objection to the previously stated suggestion in the next few hours, then I will begin number 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.