• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Model unable to load in WE/ingame after textures has been assigned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya peeps.

I have run into a problem with a simple model.
The model properly shows in magos (all white). Same goes for when I apply the only two textures to the model. It still shows.

However.
When I import the model to WE it only shows if I used a version where textures have not been assigned to the materials yet.
As soon as I apply textures to said materials the model is not shown.

Both textures are from the game.

Closing and opening WE does not solve this.

Maybe your texture is corrupted or in a 'weird' physical size (not in sizes of multiples of 2).

I'm almost certain that the textures is fine.
I use the HeroShadowHunter.blp and the Skeleton.blp files. Although both are copies from their original folders and placed in a another.

I have skipped the milkshape unwrap step since I unwrap in 3Ds Max instead. This has worked before though if memory serves me correct.

Try messing with the material blend modes. Else open the textures in blp lab and make sure they have alpha channels. If they don't, that is the reason (and it could definitely be a possibility, considering some exporters are retarded and export without all the necessary components).

I have tried different blend settings. This should not be a problem though and nothing really changed after changing them (though the textures obviously look better with some blends).

I just tried what you suggested regarding the alpha channels.
The two copies I have made of the .blps both have alpha channels.
I have also tried using the default .blps (the ones I copied). Same result.
The model is invisible as soon as I apply either of the textures, but shows if I apply none.

I feel there is a fundamental step I have forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.