• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Show Used Textures]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok, so I redid the UVW on my model in 3dsm, assigned a material/texture to it with the material manager, and it all looks good. But when I export it as a .mdx and open it in viewer and click [Show Used Textures] it doesnt show any... In addition if I implort it into the WE and import the texture I know I'm supposed to rename the texture but I dont know what to rename it as =/ because I dont know the needed path.

So basicaly, am I not actualy making the model use the texture in 3dsm? I'm not even sure how my question should be worded; just how do I actualy apply the texture to the model (because I know it wraps right and everything).

:razz:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
...what version of max are you using? If you're using 5 with art tools, then make sure you apply a wc3 material on your model, with your texture in the diffuse channel. Else, if you use a newer version and dexscript, I don't know...it should work...just a standard material.

Level 10
Im using 3d studio max 9 TDR, so warcraft art tools isn't compatible.

And at BlinkBoy like i said before, Im using 9. Could you be a little but more decriptive as to what I am supposed to do?

Level 10
Sorry for a long wait on my response, I was at the lake and I had no Inter-webs, so once I reimport it can I export it as a .mdx and it will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.