• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model request: flying spear-throwing vulture-man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Modelers,

I'm finalizing my campaign after over a decade of work. It is set in the Talislanta universe, which is an obscure RPG. I don't imagine many of the people who play the campaign will know the details, so we have a lot of leeway in how the unit looks. Ideally, I'd want something like the picture below.

I would like to point out that campaign is on its way to being finished. I'm primarily waiting on some voice acting, and then I'll do the music integration. Better models are a plus, but I won't be waiting on them. I mention this only so that you know your model will definitely be used. I hope to release the campaign at Christmas this year.

You can see more about the campaign here:

[Campaign] - Flight of the Snow Witch

Please do check out the trailer while you're there.

Some details about the model I'm requesting:

1. It is an air unit, so it should be flying in all of its animations. I'm currently using the gargoyle model.

2. It needs to use a non-magical ranged attack. A throwing spear is probably best, but I'm happy with anything that can hold a poison: bow and arrow, crossbow, throwing dagger, throwing axe, glaive.

3. It has a cannibalize ability where I (via triggers) lower the unit to the ground and make blood spurt out as if its eating something. If you're feeling creative, it would be good to have a feasting animation where it lands on the ground and eats. This is not necessary though.

Suggestions: I know know much about modeling, but I think the gargoyle wings and body are very good (though the attack animation is a bit odd). The vulture critter has a good face as well. I'm happy to do some skinning work to smooth any edges if you merge the models. I can also add attachments and sound effects, but I'm afraid that's about all I can do with modeling.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks everyone,

Darwin

1450396213871.png

Status
Not open for further replies.