• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Model Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I made this Troll Blademaster hero model. Its a basic Blademaster geo-merged with a Troll Trapper Head and UV mapped to make it look nicer.
However, here's the problem:
-The head of the model does not show in World Editor.
-The head of the model floats around in-game
-I can't make the potrait the Troll Trapper one...

Would be wonderful if anyone could help. +reps and a million thanks!

Last edited:
Level 26
When you say that it "floats" do you mean that it attaches to other items ingame? If so i know what the problem is. I had the same exact problems when i was first modeling. What happened is that when you were geo-merging, you probably attached the geoset of the head to an attachment point or helper - instead of a bone. When you do this, the model will recognize that a geoset is attached to an attachment point or helper and as such, attach that geoset to other similarly named helpers/attachment points ingame. Luckily this is a simple fix. merely open up your model in magos, find the geoset of the head (or whatever is not showing up properly) and export it to your desktop (or anywhere) and then delete it, and re-import it. Make sure that you attach it to a bone, (you can look at the node manager if you are unsure as to the name of the bone) if this is not the problem, or if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.