• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Fro

Level 6
i just imported some models. (of course there no texture on the model so i restart). but the problem is, i just restart world editor, and i see the model its just disapeared while i tested. can sombody know how to fix it?

Last edited:
Level 25
Can you provide a link to the models? Or perhaps upload the map itself?
If there are no textures associated with the imported model, all you would need would be to just import the model itself. Or is it some pack of models? Usually packs contain one texture used by all models, etc.

Fro

Fro

Level 6
Can you provide a link to the models? Or perhaps upload the map itself?
If there are no textures associated with the imported model, all you would need would be to just import the model itself. Or is it some pack of models? Usually packs contain one texture used by all models, etc.

honesty, i dont get it. yes, there no texture, event i already restart it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Some older blp textures are not compatible with WC3 for some reason. This is usually fixed by exporting it into a bmp or other lossless format with well defined alpha support and then re-creating the blp using a tool like "blp lab".

Make sure the file paths are correct. Some older model listings mention the wrong file path on the submission page despite being approved. Unlike the windows OS, '\' and '/' are different characters with regard to file paths so make sure the correct one is used when importing.

Fro

Fro

Level 6
Some older blp textures are not compatible with WC3 for some reason. This is usually fixed by exporting it into a bmp or other lossless format with well defined alpha support and then re-creating the blp using a tool like "blp lab".

Make sure the file paths are correct. Some older model listings mention the wrong file path on the submission page despite being approved. Unlike the windows OS, '\' and '/' are different characters with regard to file paths so make sure the correct one is used when importing.

how to make sure the file path is correct?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you open the model in something like notepad you will see a lot of garbage but also some text representing the texture paths. You could also get one of the model preview programs to see the paths. THW import guide should auto detect the correct paths from the model itself I think.

Fro

Fro

Level 6
If you open the model in something like notepad you will see a lot of garbage but also some text representing the texture paths. You could also get one of the model preview programs to see the paths. THW import guide should auto detect the correct paths from the model itself I think.

i really thank you to help me. it worked
:goblin_good_job:

Status
Not open for further replies.