• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model crash the game or editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When i import this model in the game with right path of texture, i get game crash. It happens when game tries to render the model. In Warcraft 3d model editor it looks fine, but in game, it just crushes app. Can anyone answer the reason and give me solution how to fix that? i tried to change the texture on standard one, but this didn't help me

Textures\GnollShared.blp

GnollSavageTower

Attachments

• GnollSavageTower.zip
    102.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Level 29
I could not replicate your results, both WE and the game work with that model.

I think a good thing to try is remove the omni light. If the crash disappears, perhaps try to change the light's intensity, since this is something that was just discussed as causing bugs. I suspect that your map has other kinds of lights which interact with the model and cause issues, while a new empty map doesn't, and thus I got no crashes.

Just to be sure it's really the model, try to import it to a new empty map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.