1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

GnollSavageTower

Submitted by Mephestrial
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A gnoll tower. In my own maps I gave it the Battle Stations ability so that it can be loaded up with my Gnoll runt units.

Changelog
9/02/10- Changed category to new Gnolls category
Update: Minor texture change.
Update: Standardized crater base
Update: Improved birth animation.

Keywords:
gnoll, tower
Contents

GnollSavageTower (Model)

Reviews
01:27, 11th May 2008 HappyTauren: Neat idea, love the birth animation, although you couldn't moved the crater vertices a bit up, so that crater is actually visible in game. Good mix of animations, you put effort in it :P However, the custom texture...
  1. 01:27, 11th May 2008
    HappyTauren: Neat idea, love the birth animation, although you couldn't moved the crater vertices a bit up, so that crater is actually visible in game. Good mix of animations, you put effort in it :p
    However, the custom texture contains everything that ingame textures do as well, just in separate files. Yet, it is approvable, rated 3, good job. Works in game and in viewer.

2. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Although I'm not such a great fan of those craters on the bottom, I like it.
    Try using barrens styled rocks like with the fortress more, they are better.

3. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    lol I think it was a good idea to make that...fortress or whatever it is merged into a tree. Looks nice.

4. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    you should have used a tree with no leaves so you can see the base of the
    treehouse

5. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    wow, nice idea, i was looking for a tower, unit that could utalize trees.. Its only drawback that i can see would be the semi high filesize, id defenently use it if it were under 100kb, i might still. Also may i take off the part on the ground? so it fits more into a tree

6. Anub Arak

Anub Arak

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good!
    is for build in a tree?

7. BrotherDog

BrotherDog

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it. I just wish someone with the progs would make a Gnoll that rides a big Hyena. ;;D

8. Someguy19

Someguy19

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks good, although, if I'm not mistaken, this is to build in a tree? If so, it'll be a nice change to standard towers.

9. sirevil

sirevil

Resources:
    Resources:
    where can one get hold of the gnoll models? and do they work nicely?

10. baltross

baltross

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is sexy i will need it badly for gnolls in my map ^^

11. Logitech

Logitech

Resources:
    Resources:
    wait gnoll map? im making an AI for gnolls pm me if you whant to see it when its done :D

12. Jstansberry

Jstansberry

Resources:
    Resources:
    only these models dont work?

Yah, I downloaded this and your Gnoll Stalker model, and for some reason there is a problem with the skins. Since both use a skin called GnollShared.blp, I cant change both textures to a path that doesnt have the "war3mapimported" thing.... And now they don't work at all! even if I try to use them alone! Is there a way to fix this, or is it the problem at all?:sad::eekani:

13. Z3roOx

Z3roOx

Resources:
    Resources:
    treehouse tower xD funny

14. sacridshadow

sacridshadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    camoflauge. I like it. lol I can't believ nobody thought of this sooner. lol love it.

15. asam3

asam3

Resources:
    Resources:
    like this.

16. Spo

Spo

Resources:
    Resources:
    this does not work for me :(

17. Max-Evil

Max-Evil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good idea!

18. Glum

Glum

Resources:
    Resources:
    For me too :(
    I changed the path of the model and texture.
    And it still doesn't work :ogre_rage: