• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Crash Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello.

I downloaded this model, yet once it is loaded in editor, it is selected as a model for a unit/doodad and editor crash immediately. I have no clue what cause the crash, I tried adjusting some things, but no use. Help to solve the problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• MagtheradonCube.blp
    79 KB · Views: 79
  • MagtheradonCube.mdx
    49.8 KB · Views: 73
Here you go. I can't really explain much on this one. There was an unused material that I deleted, and then I ran it through MDLVis' optimizer. Apparently, it didn't work unless you did both of those things.

The main problem with converting WoW models is that you'll end up with a bunch of (A) repeated objects (B) extra/useless things. When you get rid of them, you have to tie all the loose ends. When you delete a texture, you also have to handle all materials that reference that texture in addition to all geosets that reference that material. It is annoying. :p As for the mdlvis optimizer, it will help get rid of any excess data/junk data that might've been left over. A lot of its optimizer's features were designed primarily for WoW models ported to wc3.

I tested it and it worked for me, hopefully it works for you as well.

Attachments

• MagtheradonCube (3).mdx
    49.8 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.