• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Shy Guy Studios
Shy_Guy_Brigade.jpg

The New Modding Team
<==>

Team:

(Active, Inactive)

Scyth-Master: (First in Command)
Terrainer, Concept Designer, Website Manager, Voice Actor.

Cracka_J: (Second in Command)
Terrainer, Website Manager, Concept Designer.

HappyTauren: (Elite)
Terrainer, Modellor, Skinner, Coder.

Gilles: (Grunt)
Terrainer.

Current Projects:

Novel of Necromancy:

Story: -Novel of Necromancy, is about the wonderful book written by (fictional) Draek Pharz (Drake Farz) the Wonder Sage. In his book was a table of contents in which he wrote down the name and location of all the spells in his book. When the duke of Blake Springs, a small, dreary village, discovered this novel, he sent his militia to murder Draek, and to set his novel ablaze. Draek Pharz was on foot when he encountered the vandals, and the only defense was his creation, the Novel of Necromany. Tricky art though, it could not save his life or... completely preserve his book. Draek cast a spell that would summon ancient, undead warriors and underworld spirits to destroy Blake Springs. But, a mistake was made in the process, while casting the spell, Draek mysteriously died, maybe from an arrow in the back, or an unholy bolt of spontaneous bad luck. Anyway, the spell was corrupted from incompletion, and instead of being led by Draek Pharz the Wonder Sage, they were commanded by the Grim Reaper. And not only were they out to destroy Blake Springs, they were out to destroy the entirety of humanity.

Description: -Novel of Necromancy is a campaign-based mod. It features two races, Humanity and Corruption.

Members Needed:

Modellors:

You must be able to either model edit, or model from scratch. And you must have experience in modelling for a project, or from posting models at a website (such as the hive.)

Skinners:

You must be able to skin at least one of the following: Units, Buildings, Doodads, Tiles. And you must have experience in skinning for a project, or from posting skins at a website (such as the hive.)

Terrainers:

You must be able to terrain, maybe getting experience from a project, big or small, or from terraining for the Terrain Gallery. If you have terrain in the gallery, then please give proof.

Coders:

You must be experienced in JASS. You will have to have read tutorials here on the hive workshop, worked on prior projects, or have posted spells or systems on the hive.

If you are interested in joining, please post in this thread. Website link coming soon...

Last edited:
Level 34
I would like to join as a terrainer. You can look at my gallery and decide if you want me. I have nothing going right now and can help get that 10-15% done! ;) (I do have some challenges I want to work on)

Level 19
If you knew me like you know him, you'd know we have about an equal amount of projects. I've been working on a Razormane Campaign for two years, since been called dead but clearly alive, two risk maps, one of which is in Africa, testing Wc3:WoW, terraining Apocalypse, Leading 2 Modding Teams (SMHT Studios and Shy Guy Studios), terraining TSOF, making Santana and the Soldiers (SatS), and working on Shy Guy Studios website. All at the same time :smile:

Level 25
craka_j massing projects again? xd

No I am not. I fail to realize why I am recieving credit for something I did not take a part of. And I already said I am not joining, and that I might join. But this project doesn't sound appealing to me, so the map will have to look appealing at least, in order for me to consider joining.

I'm swimming in projects already! Not really looking for work on more projects.
  • Wc3:WoW: Most active. Most active with forum/website management and e-mail management. Also busy with listing all newly known bugs and keeping the team motivated and organized. Looking for modelers and model animators!
  • Apocalypse: Second most active. The terrain of this project is almost completed and that's all I will be doing pretty much besides designing quests (Objectives) for this map internally. So I'm trying to get this project's terrain, at least, 100% complete as soon as I possibly can.
  • The Land of Sylmorn: Third most active. This is actually an actual game I am working for, but I do concepts of the terrain and layouts in WarCraft III's World Editor.
  • Marvel Nemesis: Fourth most active. This project is something I work on when I'm bored of all other projects and have no work assigned to do yet for the other projects. I am also still looking for a JASSer or two for this project in order to complete this.
~Craka_J

Level 14
So...the first and second in command do, basically, nothing? A little bit of terraining is really very little work compared to the rest of it.

Concept design is very little work, and over rapidly (even game design is little work; I have hundreds of the damned things, and probably many of them are better than you'd ever come up with - oh, wait, you're taking other people's copyrighted IP, so not actually coming up with the concept...).

VA is only needed later on, and superflous to actually getting it working. Website designer? Get on and make the damned thing first.

Level 19
Thank you for your insight, I'll take that into advisement. But, I suggest you tell me what you exactly want me to do, just give it all up and stop trying to have fun with this modding bullshit? If you're going to write a harsh comment, atleast make it so it can help the person you're insulting, instead of just insulting them. You say you're better then me, you say you've done more then me, hey, that might be true. Oh, terraining is nothing, okay, so basically you're saying that Craka_J and RagingSpeedHorn suck at modding, because that's their specialty too. And don't say that they're so experienced that they don't need help, I've worked for both of them... and still do.

Last edited:
Level 14
But, I suggest you tell me what you exactly want me to do, just give it all up and stop trying to have fun with this modding bullshit?

I want you to learn to make a map.

If you're going to write a harsh comment, atleast make it so it can help the person you're insulting, instead of just insulting them.

You think you can lead a team without knowing how to make a map. Once you learn that's not a good idea, then we'll be getting somewhere.

You say you're better then me, you say you've done more then me, hey, that might be true.

At game/map design? Almost certainly. Though broad game design is worth very little.

Oh, terraining is nothing, okay, so basically you're saying that Craka_J and RagingSpeedHorn suck at modding, because that's their specialty too.

Terraining (as in, the bit that not just anyone can do, ie: the artistic bit; the practical bit falls under map design) is part of the polish. Like models and skins (only a bit more important). In terms of workload and importance, it's a long way down the list.

And don't say that they're so experienced that they don't need help, I've worked for both of them... and still do.

Raging knows how to make a quality map from start to finish, and has done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.