• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missing geosets in World Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a lot of models that have a lot of geosets (between 26 and 36 in most cases). The geosets and animations appear perfectly in War3 Model Editor, but I tried today to import my models to World Edit, and many geosets are missing, namely the ones attached to the head, pelvis, hands, legs, arms. For example I have this Baine Bloodhoof that I am working on (based on the Satyr model), all geosets were attached to either Bone_Head, Bone_Arm (1L and 1R), Bone_Leg (1L and 1R), Bone_Chest, and Bone_Pelvis. But those are the ones that are not showing up in World Edit. Basically, any geoset I added to the original model file are not showing up. All geosets have an in-game texture. I saved the model as .mdx just through the "Save" button, and imported it as such.

Is there something I am missing? I put a lot of time into all the models that I have been working on, and this is the first time I have tested them in World Edit, and it is disheartening that the geosets do not show up.

Here is the file. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful!
View attachment FINALIZE_BaineBloodhoof.mdx

Level 18
Such bugs could occur if the geosets are attached to helpers and not bones. Is that the case?

Edit: Looked at the satyr model, yeah, its main structure is made of helpers. Make a bone for each helper and attach the meshes to the bones, I think that'll solve the problem.

Oh, and do it in MDL format, it's not compressed and therefore many errors are avoided that happen when editing a MDX.

Last edited:
Level 2
Such bugs could occur if the geosets are attached to helpers and not bones. Is that the case?

Edit: Looked at the satyr model, yeah, its main structure is made of helpers. Make a bone for each helper and attach the meshes to the bones, I think that'll solve the problem.

Oh, and do it in MDL format, it's not compressed and therefore many errors are avoided that happen when editing a MDX.

Thanks for the help. When you say to attach the mesh to the new bones, do I just add a bone under the helper in Node Manager, and then re-import the geoset to the new bone? Do I have to do anything else for the animations to work properly?

I always edit in MDL, I just had to convert it to MDX in order to import into World Edit. Thanks, I will try this out when I get back to my computer!

Level 34
There is a number of bones names "ObjectN" which are attached to the helpers you used. Try attaching geosets to object bones. If those are you suiteable for you - just create a new bone and attach it to helper c: I'd advice using Mdlvis for this.

I think that your Baine could gain some weight and have a closed mouth ;)

Level 2
There is a number of bones names "ObjectN" which are attached to the helpers you used. Try attaching geosets to object bones. If those are you suiteable for you - just create a new bone and attach it to helper c: I'd advice using Mdlvis for this.

I think that your Baine could gain some weight and have a closed mouth ;)

Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.